Stocking a 150 gal

• chargersfan1891
  • chargersfan1891's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

chargersfan1891 created the topic: Stocking a 150 gal

Hello all,

Im stocking a 150 gal aquarium. I already know im getting a Oscar, im really wanting a red O, also im gonna get a Green Terror to go along with the O, and i was wanting to get one more fish. I was thinking of getting a Jack Dempsey, or a chocolate cichild for the last one. I dont like plecos nor do i really like catfish. Any suggestions on the last fish. Is it ok? im going to put them in together as juveniles so they can all get big together.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: Stocking a 150 gal

You will need the green terror to be bigger than the oscar since they grow very slow. You'll either get JD that is too mean to your oscar or too shy. The chocolate is too much in body shape as the O so they is a high chance that they wont get along.

Other options are

severum
nicarguan cichlid
Geophagus abalios (commonly labelled as surinamensis in fish stores)
firemouth
robertsoni cichlid
Geophagus brasilensis

with any of the stocking above, the red oscar should be last since all thos fish grow at most 0.5" a month compared to the oscar's close to 1" a month.

• chargersfan1891
  • chargersfan1891's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

chargersfan1891 replied the topic: Stocking a 150 gal

I like the severum, but i thought the ph would be hard to keep all of them happy since the severum likes it more acidic alittle bit, but if thats fine i might get that one then. I also like the jewel cichlid. Im kind of curious where would be a good place to purchase these fish if they dont have them in stores "live aquaria"maybe? I also like nicarguan cichlid alittle also.

• Thank you received: 18

turtle lover replied the topic: Stocking a 150 gal

It is better not to include African cichlids with oscars because of aggression issues. By the way what does the chocolate catfish look like?

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds