Wet carpet.

• Vinny
  • Vinny's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8

Vinny created the topic: Wet carpet.

So a week ago my son was kind enough to unlatch my smaller filter. My wife was slow enough to let water come out for quite some time before closing the filter back up "enough time to lose a few inches of water." So I spent a lot of time drying the carpet around the tank. I drilled a couple finger size holes on the base of the stand to see if it was really wet under the stand. I just checked and although the carpet around the tank is dry I am under strong belief it's wet under my stand. It's a 6ft tank. I now have to one way or another get under this tank and vacuum dry and shampoo this carpet. It's already been long enough that I risk mold that I am aware of. Do I have to drain the tank pit the fish in buckets and try the impossible of moving this tank alone to clean it? Or can I do the simple way and cut the base out of the wooden stand "leaving the filters standing on the carpet under" which I'm fine with or does this cheap thin wood base offer some kind of support to the unit? It's already warped from weight over the years. I prefer to cut out the base and not have to move the tank. Someone RELIABLE give me some quick advice.. If I have to move it its definitely going a week. If I can cut the thing I'll get it done tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 253

DRACO replied the topic: Wet carpet.

weight of the stand are being distributed along the frame and the support. the flooring is just for the filter and easy storage of some stuff needed every now and then... as long as you do not cut the frame and braces, all those board can be cut.

• Vinny
  • Vinny's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8

Vinny replied the topic: Re:Wet carpet.

That's what I figured. Just based off of how bowed it is as well. Tomorrow it is time to break out the saw.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds