Offer for Forum Members

• Joliet Jake
  • Joliet Jake's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Joliet Jake created the topic: Offer for Forum Members

I am completely convinced and sold on the exceptional merits and benefits of using a Bio Wheel Filter. (That's all I'm using currently on two aquariums) These are only offered by one Company (Marineland) here in the USA and they make several different variations of hang on filters, complete aquarium canopies (with light and bio wheel filters built in) and sump type bio wheel filters too. If you aren't familiar with the well documented benefits,(including a possible reduction in the instance of H.I.T.H.) then I suggest you read this thread.

MAIN THREAD:
www.oscarfishlover.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,90/func,view/catid,14/id,1710/#1710

MORE INFORMATION:
www.oscarfishlover.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,90/func,view/catid,24/id,1700/#1700

MY OFFER:
Any registered Forum Member living outside the USA who wants to obtain one of these filters, I will gladly help you find the best deal for one, I will obtain it for you, pack it and ship it direct to you all at cost. Payment can be via Paypal, check or money order. (You can also use a credit card to pay via Paypal).

Marineland holds the patent on this technology so it is unlikely you will find similar filters outside the USA anytime soon. Yet the benefits should clearly make you want one or more for your Aquariums.

NOTE:
Before I start getting questions like "How much is it?" etc, YOU should first have read through the thread and be convinced of their merits and you should also have done some looking at them at US websites, (Go to LINKS for Drs. Foster & Smith etc.) and you should lastly be sure the filter will fit your aquarium (if selecting a hang on type filter.) US Aquariums generally have a plastic frame around the top of the tank that is approximately 1" in width and hang on filters are made to strattle that frame. Looking at a photo of one, you will clearly see how it hangs on the aquariums back glass. Even if you are currently running a canister or other type of filter, adding a bio wheel will greatly increase the biological benefits to your tank and for your fish. (If you are serious about obtaining one, then I will assist you.)

Bio Wheels are biological filters and hang on type units also include mechanical filtration too, but you can also buy just a hang on bio wheel unit itself that you can then use to route the return flow from a canister filter through it, before returning water back to tank.

Ken, 51, NJ-USA (2 Tiger Oscars)
Need to give away one healthy 1 year old Oscar if you know of anyone interested. See the adoption thread for photos. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Joliet Jake
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

Joliet Jake replied the topic: Re:Offer for Forum Members

THIS IS A COMBO FILTER UNIT, BIOLOGICAL AS WELL AS MECHANICAL PADS.

Need to give away one healthy 1 year old Oscar if you know of anyone interested. See the adoption thread for photos. Thanks!
Attachments:

• Joliet Jake
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

THIS IS JUST A HANG ON BIO WHEELS UNIT ITSELF THAT YOU CAN FEED WITH EITHER A POWER JET PUMP OR YOUR EXISTING CANISTER FILTER CAN FEED IT.

Attachments:

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: Re:Offer for Forum Members

I thought your electricity appliances where slightly different from Europe?

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• Joliet Jake
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

Your are possibly and probably correct, BUT then you could simply buy an unpowered Bio Wheel unit by itself (pictured below) and use your existing pump, power jet or canister filter to feed water to this unit. The wheel is WATER driven, so you supply the water via your own pump then.

You bring up a good valid point. So THESE are the units you want to buy then, without the Power Head pump. They are available (just the bio wheel unit itself):

www.marineland.com/products/consumer/con_bwpro.asp

BIO WHEEL PRO W/O POWER HEAD

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: Re:Offer for Forum Members

I wish I could get one of these for my 20 gallon tank. Since it is being used for a hospital tank, I could do with really good filtration on it, not the crappy little filter it's got on there at the moment. It measures 36" x 12" wide

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• ehall67
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ohio Cichlid Association Chairmen
  • Thank you received: 439

ehall67 replied the topic: I may be a little bored !

the first thing ever sold on OFL :ohmy:

The Confidence of Amateurs, is the Envy of Professionals

• JasonR
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hey man...Got a light?
  • Thank you received: 452

JasonR replied the topic: I may be a little bored !

What is this new technology you speak of!?!

• ehall67
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ohio Cichlid Association Chairmen
  • Thank you received: 439

ehall67 replied the topic: I may be a little bored !

I know she talks of magic !! might be a witch!

The Confidence of Amateurs, is the Envy of Professionals

Oscars_Girl replied the topic: Offer for Forum Members

I have a couple of discontinued models in use. Parts from the biowheel mechanisms were lost or damaged in our last move. I'm having a hard time finding the bracket that holds the wheel and bearings. It is "V" shaped, a frame if you will.

I've seen it identified in specs where all the parts are numbered, but I can't find anyone selling them.

These are the 330 and 170 filters. Do you know any vendors that might carry it? All I have found are wheels and bearings. Can't replace those until I have the bracket they're supposed to hang from.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds