7" tiger oscar needs home soon, north of san diego

• Motherlupin
  • Motherlupin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3

Motherlupin created the topic: 7" tiger oscar needs home soon, north of san diego

so sally randomly decided she hates jack after all the seemingly loving behavior she's started atatcking him they'll be swimming together then she all of a sudden turns on him. admittedly jacks my favorite he's always stood out to me even when he was 1" in a tank with 20other fry.
so Sally needs a new home!
O's her size i've seen the price very from 20-30$ just asking 10$ for her to assure a good home.
i've tried rearranging things but to no avail. so she's looking for her own tank

Attachment sally3.jpg not found

Attachment sally2.jpg not found

Attachment sally.jpg not found

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Motherlupin
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

Motherlupin replied the topic: Re: 7" tiger oscar needs home soon, north of san diego

I will let her go free to someone i'm familiar with on here if you can provide her a good home. the sooner the better before she hurts him. i'm stuck at home the rest of the night i dont know what to do to keep her from hurting him

• Miss Nicki
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Miss Nicki replied the topic: Re: 7" tiger oscar needs home soon, north of san diego

Is she causing Damage Hun???

Missing scales? Is he sacred and hiding???

Sometimes when moved to a new tank, Oscars feel the need to assert dominance. If nothing MAJOR is happening, just let them be for a bit...

• Motherlupin
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

Motherlupin replied the topic: Re: 7" tiger oscar needs home soon, north of san diego

he's got a lot of cuts and bruises on him, she had ahold of his jaw earlier, and she chases him even when he tries to hide she follows him into the hiding place and goes after him. he's being what i take as submissive he shows his belly and backs away slowly but she still goes after him. they were doing great for a week and this just started the other day i've rearranged the ornaments and plants 3 times to no avail

• Miss Nicki
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Miss Nicki replied the topic: Re: 7" tiger oscar needs home soon, north of san diego

Can you post a vid? How old are they???

If you can get to your local Hardware store you can get an egg crate material they sell for light covers.. I will post a pic.
You can cut it to fit inside your tank, and divide them until you can rehome. Or it may just work dividing them for a while, and then letting them try again...

i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp253/smiter1945/eggCrate.jpg

• Motherlupin
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

neither of my cameras take vids i'll try and get pics he has a line of scales missing behind his head. we'll try the divider, the only time she leaves him alone is feeding time and i'm hoping at night
and i'm not sure on age, maybe somewhere between 4-6months, i'm horrible at keeping track of time

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: Re: 7" tiger oscar needs home soon, north of san diego

Do you have a 20 gallon tub that Sally can be put in for time out for a few days?

• Motherlupin
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

no all our other tanks are full, we may know someone who can take her its just finding him we're gonna try and track him down and ask him today. and i think putting her in anything other than a tank would be like fish in a barrel for the cats

• Motherlupin
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

well after she came close to getting his eye we ran to the "fishguy" at our local petstore and he agreed to take her. at least i know he'll take care of her. jack seems to be pleased that shes gone he sulked for like 5minutes after the nets but now he's swimming around like crazy

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: Re: 7" tiger oscar needs home soon, north of san diego

You gonna add some other fish?

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds