ISO: 5-6in tiger albino veil tail oscar (willing to pay for ship)

• halomom117
  • halomom117's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

halomom117 created the topic: ISO: 5-6in tiger albino veil tail oscar (willing to pay for ship)

ISO veil tail tiger albino. 5-6 in. Extremely long, flowing fins. Like ones with very high contrasting colors (bright whites, bright reds).
Willing to have/pay for shipping. Located in the New York area.
I have looked through a couple of older threads and tried to contact vendors that others had recommended, and they can not get.
searched aquabid, similar websites- nothing.
Posted on Oscar facebook groups.. Nada.
Asked/called EVERY LFS in a 50mile area, and they have been on the lookout for the past 3 months. nothing.
This is the LAST fish that I am looking for to add to my tank, and it is proving to be a challenge! I keep calling this fish my "unicorn" or my "white whale" because it has been such a hard find!!
If anyone knows any place that can get what i'm looking for, willing to ship.. I would GREATLY appreciate it!
I don't mind paying a bit more to know that im getting what I want! :)
THANK YOU for any leads or help!!
APPRECIATED GREATLY!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 581

Suprd71 replied the topic: ISO: 5-6in tiger albino veil tail oscar (willing to pay for ship)

Hello and welcome, cant really help much with your search, but could you tell what size tank and what tankmates you are intending for this new Oscar?

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• Thank you received: 195

jmunroe replied the topic: Re:ISO: 5-6in tiger albino veil tail oscar (willing to pay for ship)

Welcome to OFL. Would like to see pics of your white whale when you get it. Answering Suprd71's questions will let us here at OFL give you some advice to keep that fish you long for in great health for many many years. I'm sure some of us will do some digging to see what we can find to help you get one.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Go do a water change - the solution to pollution is dilution.

• halomom117
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

halomom117 replied the topic: ISO: 5-6in tiger albino veil tail oscar (willing to pay for ship)

Thank you for the warm welcome!
I currently have two tanks set up at home- One 180 gallon with one tiger Oscar (5in) and one Ornate Bichir (8-9in). This is the tank that I am looking to add the veil tail to. (And that is my last addition to this tank- so, three fish total). I also have one 45 tank set up with breeder guppies and mollies specifically for occasional feeders (treats) for the Oscar and Bichir.
My "kids" are super spoiled and I love them more than most normal people would understand (but i'm sure you all do!). They are fed a very diverse diet with pellets as staple (omega one), tilapia fillet (mainly for bichir, but the Oscar is a greedy guy, and I have to treat him with some when I hand feed the bichir!), bloodworms, etc etc etc..
My bichir I specially ordered from a LFS and paid $80 for him (discounted from $100 because the guy told me it would be in one day and he didn't place my order in time). I wanted a Bichir that was large enough to not be eaten by the Oscars, but also small enough to not eat the Oscars as well. A lot of patience went in to ordering him, As I wanted one large enough to hold up with the Oscars growth rate because they grow considerably slower than Oscars do!
The two currently get along amazingly! I did have to make a custom hide for the Bichir because he likes to snooze most of the day away- Generally waking up when I get home from work (and he knows Mom is about to feed him!) But, that was the biggest "problem" with that tank. Plus- I had fun making it, so it really wasn't a problem!
I am thinking about doing another 90 gallon soon- I told the guy at the LFS if he saw a Delhezi Bichir pop up on his lists about the same size as my guy- That he should let me know! Because between the Bichir and the Oscar, they are my prides and joys and I love them to tears! IF (and IF) they have one come up, I may just put both Bichirs in a 90 and leave it as is with just those two... But alas, we will see!
Ok, sorry to go on and on! I'm sure you all know how much you like to brag about your fish kids! haha!

• Thank you received: 581

Suprd71 replied the topic: ISO: 5-6in tiger albino veil tail oscar (willing to pay for ship)

Good luck with your VT search, will make a nice addition to the tank. Look forward to some pics or video should you have success with the search. All my cichlids LOVE chopped tilapia!

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: ISO: 5-6in tiger albino veil tail oscar (willing to pay for ship)

VT's fins can be a target for other fish, I recommend they be kept as specimen fish for their safety.

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• Thank you received: 195

jmunroe replied the topic: Re:ISO: 5-6in tiger albino veil tail oscar (willing to pay for ship)

Sounds like a great setup. As Darth said about being a target, keep a close eye on them and have a plan if he becomes a target. I would have a divider on hot standby if required( and I do keep one on standby ). Yeah we do like to talk fishes so don't worry about going on and on. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Go do a water change - the solution to pollution is dilution.

• halomom117
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

halomom117 replied the topic: Re:ISO: 5-6in tiger albino veil tail oscar (willing to pay for ship)

I do have a home made egg crate/ light covereing grate divider I made & used for the introduction of the bichir. Plus, worst case.. if my guys pick on it too badly, it would give me the perfect excuse to tell my husband that i would need to set up our spare 90! Lol. He would know how upset i would get if something were to happen so that would be a easy argument to win! :) ive been itching for another anyways!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• halomom117
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

halomom117 replied the topic: Re:ISO: 5-6in tiger albino veil tail oscar (willing to pay for ship)

When we move into our new house- I have ambitions to custom build my own tank and stand. Im thinking BIG volumes that would be a main focul point in my living room. Ahhh... one day! :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• Thank you received: 253

DRACO replied the topic: Re:ISO: 5-6in tiger albino veil tail oscar (willing to pay for ship)

welcome on board!

i am also fascinated by VT oscar. in fact i have one VT tiger.
if you are just near to me, we can served your demand LOL!
this is my VT tiger and my friend has a white VT bigger than this:

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds