jack dempsey

• Necromancer4
  • Necromancer4's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Parachromis...accept no substitute
  • Thank you received: 78

Necromancer4 replied the topic: Re:jack dempsey

well about a week of harmonyous(sp?) living goes by and finally jack snapped. he is now constantly attacking my albino. he wont leave the poor thing alone and finally i had to put a divider in my tank. the funny thing is he doesnt bother any of the other fish in the tank (and there are some smaller than he is)only the albino. i thought it might be because hes mostly white but he leaves the pink convicts alone. so now im looking at getting another tank and rehousing some fish.(i quess there are worse thing than getting another tank :P )

Warning..I will offend you at some point!!!

my goal is simple a complete understanding of the universe, why it is as it is and why it exists at all

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Necromancer4
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

so i took the divider out of my tank this morning to see if my jack would stop attacking my albino oscar. and in less than a minute he was at him again. needless to say the divider is now back in the tank.so i quess its off to the local fish store to buy another tank on thursday. i have had my eye on a 65 gallon tank and i think im going to get it for my pair of jacks. hopefully this will be enough for them to live the rest of their lives in and maybe even breed.

my goal is simple a complete understanding of the universe, why it is as it is and why it exists at all

• Necromancer4
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

so i picked up a new jag today(about 5 inches). since from what i read jags are fairly aggressive i decided to put it into my jacks tank to add a variety and colour. low and behold it only took under an hour before my male jack dempsey attacked the poor thing and had it literaly quivering in a verticle position against the back of the tank. i know people mix jacks with all kinds of fish and yet i have had no luck with anything but the female jack. maybe he really is psychotic :laugh:

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds