Help - Angel Fish Dying

• 6044jason
  • 6044jason's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

6044jason created the topic: Help - Angel Fish Dying

Hi ALl,

I have two seperate tanks, both have a mixture of fish but one has 6 angels and one has 10 angels, I bought a new angel the other day and added it to the main tank but it was too small so i moved it to the other tank.

Two days later the new fish died, then one more. then one on the other tank died.

Now 11 out of the 14 have died within 5 days.
they all are perfectly fine then they struggle at the surface for a while and die quite suddenly.
Had my water tested and is fine, loads of oxygen and two filters running.

Help....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• biggamehunter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

biggamehunter replied the topic: Re:Help - Angel Fish Dying

please post your water parameter readings if you can ,have you changed ANYTING just before this happened

• Necromancer4
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Parachromis...accept no substitute
  • Thank you received: 78

Necromancer4 replied the topic: Re:Help - Angel Fish Dying

i have limited knowledge on angels but from what ive read in your post it seems to me that perhaps the newest angel you added to your tank might have been diseased thereby transfer said ailment to the rest of your angel stock. did you quarentine it first? a check of our water parameters should be your next course of action.

just my 2 cents.

Warning..I will offend you at some point!!!

my goal is simple a complete understanding of the universe, why it is as it is and why it exists at all

• PAUL
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

PAUL replied the topic: Re:Help - Angel Fish Dying

agree with necromancer4.... problem started when
you introduced new angel fish in the tank. perhaps,
the water in the plastic bag contaminated you tank.

at this point.... water parameter is needed to help
you evaluate what is going on....

• Thank you received: 0

pepetj replied the topic: Re:Help - Angel Fish Dying

I would begin with as huge as possible water change, keep temperature steady, if possible around 74F -most harmful bacteria would slow down its growth rate at this temp-, and improve availability of dissolved oxygen -by lowering the water line an inch so the output of the filter hits the water harder- however you need to have some calm areas in your tank for the Angelfish comfort.

Something is going on in your tank and you probably won't be able to know what it is: so focus on solutions.

Please post the following info:
Tank volume and dimensions, age of tank, filtration system, substrate, tankmates (list actual as well as recently), as well as actual readings of ammonia, nitrite, nitrates, pH, and Temp.

Hope you can save the survivors. I agree with the hypothesis that some virulent bacteria entered your tank with the newly added fish; however, other possibilities include cycle disruption, low levels of dissolved oxygen and pH instability.

Pepe
Santo Domingo

Tank #4: Heavily Planted 121UKgal.
2 paired-off Tiger Oscars 13\" ea. + 2 paired-off Angelfish 4.5\" ea. + 2 pairs of paired-off Convicts 4\" ea. + 17 Silver Dollars 2.5-3\" ea. + 6 Kenyi 4 to 5\" ea.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds