sa s anyone?

• misplacedsooner
  • misplacedsooner's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

misplacedsooner created the topic: sa s anyone?

I have a breeding pair of gold saums, at least they were breeding when I got them at the lfs a couple of months ago. no luck for me yet, he wants to but she doesnt yet.
mike c.

michael, 45, stillwater,oklahoma 1 oscar tank,4 ca & sa tanks,2 multi tanks, 4 various tropical tanks, 5 betta tanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 415

OFL replied the topic: Re:sa s anyone?

I think that like most animals, if they are happy with their new environment, they will breed. If conditions aren't good, I doubt they will. Water quality does play a huge part

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• misplacedsooner
  • misplacedsooner's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

misplacedsooner replied the topic: Re:sa s anyone?

in the lfs they had a 30 gal. with only a flower pot. when I brought them home initially they were in my 125 for about 2 weeks and stayed hidden alot, I set up another 55 just for them and layed it out with lava rock and slate to make some cool hiding places which they do use and 2 pieces of driftwood and a flower pot. water conditions are all well and tested weekly along with water changes. I was initially thinking that maybe their bond was broken but they still hang out togather and he hasnt tried to rough her up at all. guess I could call the lfs and ask what they keep their ph and temp. at.
mike c.

michael, 45, stillwater,oklahoma 1 oscar tank,4 ca & sa tanks,2 multi tanks, 4 various tropical tanks, 5 betta tanks

Joliet Jake replied the topic: Re:sa s anyone?

Temperature it seems plays a huge part in getting many fish to spawn so do a little research (try google) and type in the fish name followed by breeding. Sometimes absence of the mate works too if seperated for a week or so. Danios for instance will breed almost immedietely if seperated for week.

Ken, 51, NJ-USA (2 Tiger Oscars)
Need to give away one healthy 1 year old Oscar if you know of anyone interested. See the adoption thread for photos. Thanks!

Griller replied the topic: Re:sa s anyone?

I've bred green severums years ago. Temp was 25C, ph 7.2, diet was earth worms, flake, fish and pellets.

I don't think those conditions were any where near ideal but they did work.

Alex the obsessive fish keeper

Experience: Marine aquiculture, captive breeding programs, South Australian native FW fish, American cichlids

Check out: My 9000L (2400gal) MEGA TANK project; and my 1000L (264gal) Amazon tank at:
www.alexanderforeman.webs.com

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds