Vieja Synspilum "Belize"

• Thank you received: 182

jnet replied the topic: Re: Vieja Synspilum "Belize"

I so want one of these once my big tank is sorted my spare 100gal is going to have one of these and golden moarra should look nice :)

I'm living my life, but not necessarily in the right order :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Flav
  • Flav's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Flav replied the topic: Re: Vieja Synspilum "Belize"

them are some amazing looking syn i would love if mine will get that nice of color

• Thank you received: 297

cebosound replied the topic: Re: Vieja Synspilum "Belize"

Flav wrote: them are some amazing looking syn i would love if mine will get that nice of color

Me too! ;)

@jnet, do it! :)

My YouTube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/cebosound1?blend=1&ob=0

• ehall67
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ohio Cichlid Association Chairmen
  • Thank you received: 439

ehall67 replied the topic: Re: Vieja Synspilum "Belize"

cebosound wrote:

ehall67 wrote: wow great fish I have never seen one b4 ! love the color on it keep it up .. And yes CEBO I need a update soon on my fav aquarium lol

will do ehall. ;)

this vid shows a couple of Synsps that have some amazing color. (these aren't mine; but the goal lol.). the vid is low quality, but def worth a look:

WOW that is a beauty also !!! I think I may need to look into a CA tank there is come amazing colored fish wow is all I can say

The Confidence of Amateurs, is the Envy of Professionals

• Thank you received: 297

cebosound replied the topic: Re: Vieja Synspilum "Belize"

ehall67 wrote:

cebosound wrote:

ehall67 wrote: wow great fish I have never seen one b4 ! love the color on it keep it up .. And yes CEBO I need a update soon on my fav aquarium lol

will do ehall. ;)

this vid shows a couple of Synsps that have some amazing color. (these aren't mine; but the goal lol.). the vid is low quality, but def worth a look:

yeah, cental american cichlids have some bright colors.

WOW that is a beauty also !!! I think I may need to look into a CA tank there is come amazing colored fish wow is all I can say

My YouTube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/cebosound1?blend=1&ob=0

bigtdotcom replied the topic: Re: Vieja Synspilum "Belize"

i never used to like syns for some reason, used to always see babies at the LFS and they just look dull and boring but in the last few months i have come to be obsessed with them, cant wait till i set my tank up again and a synspilum will at the top of the list of fish to get. Can get some really nice colours in them.
Anyone have any extra info to share about these guys? growth rate? aggression?

• Flav
  • Flav's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

Flav replied the topic: Re: Vieja Synspilum "Belize"

these guys are about an 8 for aggression and the grow pretty fast if you get them small they start to get there colors at about 3.5 to 4 in but i have seen them ripe a jaguar in half so some can be supper mean they also get a big back fin so they swim fast and if they hit a tank with thin glass it will crack i would say no less then 1/2 in but that is about it if you have anything eles you want to knw hit me up i knw cebo has some so he would be another good one to ask

• Matt
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Serrasalmus Rhombeus, any questions?
  • Thank you received: 151

Matt replied the topic: Re: Vieja Synspilum "Belize"

Interesting, I think my Jag is the most aggressive fish I've ever owned, he's got absolutely no fear. I was doing some rearranging in the tank today, he was about a inch from my hand the whole time.

If I stop and look in the tank, he swims right to my face and starts flaring his gills at me, it's actually kind of amusing, but just shows that he's got an IDGAF (I don't give a f***) attitude lol

cebosound wrote: Waterchange, Waterchange, waterchange... till your knuckles are bleeding. ;) :lol:

My youtube page www.youtube.com/user/rwhp550?feature=mhee

bigtdotcom replied the topic: Re: Vieja Synspilum "Belize"

Flav wrote: these guys are about an 8 for aggression and the grow pretty fast if you get them small they start to get there colors at about 3.5 to 4 in but i have seen them ripe a jaguar in half so some can be supper mean they also get a big back fin so they swim fast and if they hit a tank with thin glass it will crack i would say no less then 1/2 in but that is about it if you have anything eles you want to knw hit me up i knw cebo has some so he would be another good one to ask

next tank i set up is hopefully going to be 8 foot and over 1000 litres, stocking list im thinking of...
2 Oscars
1 Sysnilum
1 JD
1 Texas
1 Jag
4 or Silver Dollars

sorry for going off the topic but how do u think that would work?

• Matt
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Serrasalmus Rhombeus, any questions?
  • Thank you received: 151

Matt replied the topic: Re: Vieja Synspilum "Belize"

Good old cichlid crap shoot, just have to have the room, then put them in the tank and see what happens I guess.

Looks like a good stocking to me though

cebosound wrote: Waterchange, Waterchange, waterchange... till your knuckles are bleeding. ;) :lol:

My youtube page www.youtube.com/user/rwhp550?feature=mhee

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds