News....

• GeorgeP
  • Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29

GeorgeP created the topic: News....

So I haven't been as active on here as I usually am lately, I have been having some family issues. That aside, I have some sad news... My male JD commited suicide and jumped out of my tank. This was after I seperated him and the female from the rest of the fish in prep for a EBJD that I never got. This was a sad turn of events. On top of that, i got a Salvini to try and appease my mom's need for yellow fish, with the hope that she would give up on the yellow lab idea. It gave my severum ich. So now I have lost my male jd and caught ich.... :sick: not my week.

So my whole idea for a community tank is not working very well. I'm thinking I'm just going to get rid of the salvini that has now contaminated my tank, treat the tank till the ich is gone and then get another O, this time I think I will get a red. That will leave me with a stock of one female JD, one FM, one Sev, one Geo, and a O. Hopefully this will work at least.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: Re: News....

sorry about the family issues

• Thank you received: 5

donk232 replied the topic: Re: News....

and the jd. :(

• GeorgeP
  • Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

GeorgeP replied the topic: Re: News....

The fam issues aren't that bad, just distracting. My 16 year old sister has decided to challenge my throne as the bad child. She's finding out that the police are not fun to deal with. :lol:

• Nina_W
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Waterchange Warrior
  • Thank you received: 344

Nina_W replied the topic: Re: News....

good luck with all of it.

I hope everyone (fish and persons) come out the other side a bit healthier and happier :)

• ehall67
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ohio Cichlid Association Chairmen
  • Thank you received: 438

ehall67 replied the topic: Re: News....

Hope you can get her straightened out best of luck brother

The Confidence of Amateurs, is the Envy of Professionals

• Firestorm8215
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Firestorm8215 replied the topic: Re: News....

Looks like a bad week all around I guess at least your sister being the bad child of the week takes the attention away from you ? :whistle:
Sorry about the fish. I hope things will look up again soon , with the fish and the family. :)

• Thank you received: 22

toni-a replied the topic: Re: News....

In my book, family comes as a priority, little sisters can be mean sometimes but they are wonderful, hope everything goes well, forget who is right and who is wrong, go get along with your sister she surely deserves some nice treatment from her elder brother.
Sorry about ich, this is the second time, take it positively now you have more and more experience, this way you will handle better the green terrors when you go back to keeping the king of fish. BTW I named one of the fry Zeus :D
Reminds me of a joke: at the hospital, the doctor tells his patient:"you sre coughing much better today" patient replies " that's normal I have been training all night long"

• GeorgeP
  • Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

GeorgeP replied the topic: Re: News....

Thanks everyone! I love my sis, and I'm trying to help her. I went through quite a rough patch when I was in highschool and I'm trying to keep her from making the same mistakes I did. I think she's smart enough to know that at least.

toni-a wrote: In my book, family comes as a priority, little sisters can be mean sometimes but they are wonderful, hope everything goes well, forget who is right and who is wrong, go get along with your sister she surely deserves some nice treatment from her elder brother.
Sorry about ich, this is the second time, take it positively now you have more and more experience, this way you will handle better the green terrors when you go back to keeping the king of fish. BTW I named one of the fry Zeus :D
Reminds me of a joke: at the hospital, the doctor tells his patient:"you sre coughing much better today" patient replies " that's normal I have been training all night long"

I appreciate the fry name, I think now that you mention it, I may get another GT while I'm at it, see what I like the most in the tank and rehome fish away if they don't work out. I'm betting the female JD will end up going. And the joke is awesome.

• JasonR
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hey man...Got a light?
  • Thank you received: 450

JasonR replied the topic: Re: News....

Man really sorry for all the troubles you're having GP...:( Keep your chin up man! Really hope you can get through to your sis too.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 2.715 seconds