New GT's! Pics.

• Elliot87
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Elliot87 replied the topic: Re: New GT's! Pics.

Thanks guys, sounds good. I'll keep you updated as they grow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 22

toni-a replied the topic: Re: New GT's! Pics.

had red eye tetras, they do well in schools, in small numbers they become frightened and start nipping on the fins of other fish, your green terrors are tough enough though, as others said those who are in danger are the tetras, green terrors don't like fish that nip their fins and they know how to make it stop

• Elliot87
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Elliot87 replied the topic: Re: New GT's! Pics.

Hey, in general how long does it take for green terrors to get used to the tank and start eating normally? Both the male and female are very active, and seem happy but they really dont come to the top of the tank when I feed them, I usually notice them eating when food sinks to the bottom. I've only had them since sunday so I'm thinking they just need time to settle in.

• Thank you received: 163

tehmole replied the topic: Re: New GT's! Pics.

have some patience .. they will get use to you and the tank, give them some time~ you can leave the light off for a bit - that'll make them more comfortable

• Thank you received: 22

toni-a replied the topic: Re: New GT's! Pics.

Elliot87 wrote: Hey, in general how long does it take for green terrors to get used to the tank and start eating normally? Both the male and female are very active, and seem happy but they really dont come to the top of the tank when I feed them, I usually notice them eating when food sinks to the bottom. I've only had them since sunday so I'm thinking they just need time to settle in.

Those are green terrors and not oscars, they don't beg for food.
Mine have been the same for months now, they are well installed, they have breeded and still avoid going to the surface, the male sometimes does it to eat bloodworms and the female when I use flakes (her preferred food) but most of the time they stay in the bottom.
I am sure they are not afraid because when I use flakes for feeding almost nothing gets to the gravel, they grab them in the water.
Some Green terrors don't like going to the surface

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 2.389 seconds