I Dont Get It

• TheLatinoFishLover
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

TheLatinoFishLover created the topic: I Dont Get It

a couple of days ago i was on MFK and there was a post that was asking whitch was you least favorite cichlid....and almost everyone said they didnt like OSCARS!?!?!? i know i know not everyone likes the same fish but Oscars? there was one person who called the begginer fish? and that they are boring fish....i was left puzzeld but i guess everyone has their own opinion but i still dont agree :/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: Re: I Dont Get It

It's the have and have not attitude. Some people like to have things that others don't. They want to be "trendy".

• TheLatinoFishLover
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

TheLatinoFishLover replied the topic: Re: I Dont Get It

i get it and i think thats okay but why hate on oscars! wait no why hate on any cichlid why hate on any fish for that matter i just dont get it :/

• Thank you received: 13

banjominnow replied the topic: Re: I Dont Get It

I agree with Rocksor some people on there have and elitist attitude when it comes to certain fish. Having to have the latest and greatest new fad to come along aint my thing to try to keep up with the jones's. I try to do what just makes me happy and if thats and oscar or any other kind of fish so be it.
I dont understand the oscar hate either but if someone dont like oscars thats there buisness as long as they dont bash on me for likeing oscars.

• TheLatinoFishLover
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

TheLatinoFishLover replied the topic: Re: I Dont Get It

i agree with both of you and yea i dont like to be part of the crowd either i like to do my own thing and i like to keep oscars

• Thank you received: 41

Marshal replied the topic: Re: I Dont Get It

I guess the thing is that Oscars are a big fish that is easily available & some will think unless your willing to hunt online for a certain fish that nobody else has it's not cool so they are going to hate it.

Hey if I was willing to put the cash into converting by garage into an indoor pond I would have a RTC & maybe I would think differently & be more interested in another fish but I would never hate the Oscar fish.

I love my Oscar & my other fish & I don't care what others think.

• Nina_W
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Waterchange Warrior
  • Thank you received: 344

Nina_W replied the topic: Re: I Dont Get It

So what about them blood parrots? I'm sure as many people look at their blood parrots with love, find their beaky mouths cute, and care for them well for many years.

Or my personal peeve, guppies? Water rats, that overpopulate everything and then some.

I guess it comes down to being a bit more respectful of other people's choices and pets.

Except when they keep guppies. Stupid guppies.

• Thank you received: 180

jnet replied the topic: Re: I Dont Get It

on MFK of what I have noticed they make huge tank and stuff it full of colourful aggressive fish. You just cant do that with oscars so they drop the oscar to have more fish. Thats my thoughts...

I would rather have a nice fish with attitude that chaos of colour and aggression. Get a malawi tank for that.

But each to their own I guess :)

I'm living my life, but not necessarily in the right order :)

• Thank you received: 13

banjominnow replied the topic: Re: I Dont Get It

My only gripe with oscars is the bio-load they place on and aquarium. I swear oscars take craps the size of a full size german shepards :P :silly: Other than that I love the things. ;)

• Matt
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Serrasalmus Rhombeus, any questions?
  • Thank you received: 151

Matt replied the topic: Re: I Dont Get It

LOL banjo, they can be a mess, but that's what dither fish are for :P

cebosound wrote: Waterchange, Waterchange, waterchange... till your knuckles are bleeding. ;) :lol:

My youtube page www.youtube.com/user/rwhp550?feature=mhee

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 2.818 seconds