Which is less agressive male or female Convict ??

• cujo0777
  • cujo0777's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11

cujo0777 created the topic: Which is less agressive male or female Convict ??

After breeding Convicts for a 3 months I was thinking of adding a Convict To my 300 gallon tank after the baby's get bigger . But which of the two are less Aggressive Male's or Female's ???? Or Are both Equal for Aggressive behavior ???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ehall67
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ohio Cichlid Association Chairmen
  • Thank you received: 439

ehall67 replied the topic: Re: Which is less agressive male or female Convict ??

I have had mean males and females so I am not going to think there is a diff to be honest just not them together lol !!

I recently had a tiny pink convict female living with jags 3 to 4 times her size and holding her own

The Confidence of Amateurs, is the Envy of Professionals

• cujo0777
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

cujo0777 replied the topic: Re: Which is less agressive male or female Convict ??

OK I wasn't so sure If there was a difference in Behavior or not . Out of the pair of convicts that I have now for breeding it seems the male is more aggressive compared to the female . I figured I should ask Cause some reason I thought females were less aggressive than male's.

• Thor84
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • GREASE MONKEY
  • Thank you received: 7

Thor84 replied the topic: Re: Which is less agressive male or female Convict ??

I have male and female convicts. the males are huge (like 7"), so they went in the 120, and are doing well with a green terror, jd, texas etc...
I have the female in a 60 with a midas. She is tiny in comparison, even though she is the same age as the males. She is only about 3".

If I had to pick one for being the more agressive, I would choose the female. She lays eggs just for the heck of it, and gaurds them well. She will put the midas in a corner when this is going on.

• cujo0777
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

cujo0777 replied the topic: Re: Which is less agressive male or female Convict ??

Wow now that's one mean little fish That's nice to know. I know both my Convict's would bite at my fingers for going to close to were they had there baby's. The male bite was more worse than the female . And this was all over cleaning the tank and moving something's to do a good job.

• ehall67
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ohio Cichlid Association Chairmen
  • Thank you received: 439

ehall67 replied the topic: Re: Which is less agressive male or female Convict ??

yep I had my female convict bite me also b4

The Confidence of Amateurs, is the Envy of Professionals

• cujo0777
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

It suck's when they bite you . It shocked me at first cause i didn't know they bite .Then after they had baby's and got bigger it got allot worse . I guess I'm S.O.L. when it comes to putting one in with my other fish O WELL .

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds