43 year old black pacu

• Thank you received: 10

acdcking12 replied the topic: 43 year old black pacu

I do sometimes. But it has been several years. Sometimes hard to pick him out. Laugh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ehall67
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ohio Cichlid Association Chairmen
  • Thank you received: 439

ehall67 replied the topic: 43 year old black pacu

I hear you I bet he is massive now huh!

The Confidence of Amateurs, is the Envy of Professionals

• Thank you received: 10

acdcking12 replied the topic: 43 year old black pacu

Man,I miss him. And I miss him a lot. He was the very best fish I had ever had. What was crazy is me and the wife lived in an older part of Kansas City, Mo and our electric lines were in the air. I had a gas water heater/. Well, during an Ice storm we lost electricity for like 8 days. Since we had hot water because of a gas water heater, I did water changes in that Pacus tank, (this was the 200 gallon), and kept the water to at least 73 degrees until we got power back on. I just couldnt leave him. (My family went to her parents house in KS. I stayed home with the fish.

And what was even crazier was I had a 75 gallon salt tank with tons of money into it. I let them all die. There wasnt much I could do with them. But I knew I could save my Pacu.

So in closing, if I could afford a new 500 gallon tank, I would put one single pacu in it.

I guess my affection for pacus is a deep running as you all are for the Oscars. (Love them too though)

• Thank you received: 4

tjwalley replied the topic: 43 year old black pacu

Noddy wrote: A shopkeeper?
And he cannot buy this pacu a descent tank??? :blink: :blink:
No, worst even, he can't afford him a good meal!
And the shopkeeper had NO TIME to read up upon the diet of pacu in all those years???

I say put that guy in a can that suits him well.

2x!

• Nina_W
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Waterchange Warrior
  • Thank you received: 345

Nina_W replied the topic: 43 year old black pacu

acdcking12 wrote: Man,I miss him. And I miss him a lot. He was the very best fish I had ever had. What was crazy is me and the wife lived in an older part of Kansas City, Mo and our electric lines were in the air. I had a gas water heater/. Well, during an Ice storm we lost electricity for like 8 days. Since we had hot water because of a gas water heater, I did water changes in that Pacus tank, (this was the 200 gallon), and kept the water to at least 73 degrees until we got power back on. I just couldnt leave him. (My family went to her parents house in KS. I stayed home with the fish.

And what was even crazier was I had a 75 gallon salt tank with tons of money into it. I let them all die. There wasnt much I could do with them. But I knew I could save my Pacu.

So in closing, if I could afford a new 500 gallon tank, I would put one single pacu in it.

I guess my affection for pacus is a deep running as you all are for the Oscars. (Love them too though)

this is very touching to read. Even more so because you care enough to want to keep it well, not just keep it at all costs.

I hope you manage that 500 gallon tank someday.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds