Green Terror Questions

• otmmy
  • otmmy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7

otmmy created the topic: Green Terror Questions

Hey all I have a 55g with a little sev and a pair of angels and to be honest Im getting sick of them. I found out my angels are both females and Im tired of them fighting.So I would like to get a single green terror instead.Just had a few questions. Does anyone know there growth rate? The only reason Im asking is the one I plan on getting is a drab blackish/gray with some blue spots around his head.I know they get more color as they mature just curious how long before they start to color up and do they all get that magnificent orange tail? Also he is about 2.5 in and just curious if he is way to young yet to sex? The final question is Right now I have and fluval 306 on the tank. I want to take to fluval of and use for another tank.Do you think a single aquacleat 110 would be fine will weekly WC's or should I maybe throw on another filter? I would like to be able to get away with one because 2 HOB's cant get to noisy for my room. Oh sorry one last question do you think he would bug my upsidedown cats all they do is hide under the logs and rocks so I dont think he would really be able to get them. Im amazed they can get in some of these spaces.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• gorgoroth
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Evil IT Administrator
  • Thank you received: 80

gorgoroth replied the topic: Green Terror Questions

GT are pretty slow growing fish, however, if kept in mint condition, they can still grow pretty fast (1" in 2 months). sexing is hard until they start developing their colors/fins. as for filtration, if one ac110 can keep your ammonia and nitrites on 0 then it's good enough, if not you'll have to add some more biofiltration. Mine started getting it's true colors around the 4" mark and it started to develop it's hump so i knew i had a male.

160 gallon south american
190 gallon malawi

• JasonR
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hey man...Got a light?
  • Thank you received: 452

JasonR replied the topic: Green Terror Questions

A 55gal tank will end up being too small for a GT along with multiple upsidedown cats once full grown. How many cats do you have and how big are they?

• Thank you received: 22

toni-a replied the topic: Green Terror Questions

If you are bored with severums and angels the green terror won't be much more "amusing" so this is not the answer for what you are looking for.
However if you do get a green terror, it's a great fish regarding colors however it can be very shy and tend to hide a lot.
It should be fine in your tank, the upside down should be fine too, however I wouldn't recommed keeping any tank with a single filter especially a HOB filter, any filter failure would be catastrophic.
Get another filter whatever it is, it might save you fish life someday in case of failure

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: Green Terror Questions

Male green terrors get up to 10-12" in a span of 2 years. The growth rate is at most 0.5" a month if it is a male.

• Thank you received: 40

ehh replied the topic: Green Terror Questions

toni-a wrote: If you are bored with severums and angels the green terror won't be much more "amusing" so this is not the answer for what you are looking for.
However if you do get a green terror, it's a great fish regarding colors however it can be very shy and tend to hide a lot.
It should be fine in your tank, the upside down should be fine too, however I wouldn't recommed keeping any tank with a single filter especially a HOB filter, any filter failure would be catastrophic.
Get another filter whatever it is, it might save you fish life someday in case of failure

This truth. My bastard cats stepped on the kill switch to the surge protector I have a lot of stuff plugged into but luckily I had the other filter plugged into the wall.

Back to your question, I've seen several accounts were gt get too big for a 55.

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: Green Terror Questions

yeah with good care, the male GT's get too big for a 55g (48x12)

• otmmy
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

otmmy replied the topic: Green Terror Questions

Thanks you for your anwsers everyone.I do plan on getting a bigger tank in less than a year so the gt could get moved to my 95 gallon and have it to himself.As for them being shy fish thats ok. When I mean Im getting bored with the angels I just ment I want to change the tank up a little bit and try something else.As for the catfish I think there is 4or5(sorry I cant really remember lol u never see them all at the same time) and they are about 2-2.5 inches Had for a year and havent grown much in a while.Ya I heard gt arnt the most interactive fish just wanted a single fish that could live in a 55g for a while.I was thinking about a few different choices but gt just seemed like the one I kept comming back to.

Here is a pic of one of the upsidedowns.

• Thank you received: 40

ehh replied the topic: Green Terror Questions

jack dempseys or salvinis could be another route.

i personally love my jd. his colors get super bright when i walk into the room. i dont care if he hates me or if is excited but he sure is pretty.

• otmmy
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

otmmy replied the topic: Green Terror Questions

ehh wrote: jack dempseys or salvinis could be another route.

i personally love my jd. his colors get super bright when i walk into the room. i dont care if he hates me or if is excited but he sure is pretty.

Haha

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds