Green Terror Recovery and Growth

• Elisar
  • Elisar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3

Elisar created the topic: Green Terror Recovery and Growth

When I first bought my Green terror he wasn't in the greatest shape, he was homed with another GT who was putting constant stress on him, in fact when he was in the shop he was almost completely black, had no fins and was just sitting in a corner until the other Terror disturbed him again then he'd run away to other side, as the fish shop workers were lazy jerks I decided I'd take him and they actually gave him me for free, as soon as I got him home he seemed happy instantly, he brightened up straight away to a normal whitish color that they get when they are young and was having the time of his life swimming in my 6.5ft tank considering he was only around .5inches at the time it was quite a lot to explore.
I have quite a few images of him on the day we bought him;

And here he is with my Blue Acara which shows how small he was and how peaceful my Acara was who passed away, a very sad day. :(

He had grown really well and started to grow his fins back very fast. here's a picture of him about 1-2 weeks after placing him in the tank

Then 6 weeks later he turned into a beautiful fish

And now here he is today, 1 year and 2 months later

He's now the perfect Green Terror, he NEVER attacks any of the fish and is absolutely stunning, definitely worth getting him, I guess lots of people would never of got him because the state he was in but I'm certainly happy I did and he's grown up with the Blue Acara who passed away, a Jack Dempsey who you can see in the final picture behind him,(she was also purchased the exact same day as I got the terror) 6 clown loach (now lives with 12) and 6 Silver dollars.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JasonR
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hey man...Got a light?
  • Thank you received: 452

JasonR replied the topic: Green Terror Recovery and Growth

Nice rescue on the GT!! Pics aren't showing up though...

• Elisar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Elisar replied the topic: Green Terror Recovery and Growth

I know :/ sorry about that not sure why, I tried to get them to show but didn't work, if you double click them then right click and select go to and then the picture should show up but ill try to fix it now.

• Thank you received: 40

ehh replied the topic: Green Terror Recovery and Growth

Add [img] at the beginning of the photo link and at the end. Also remove the "?1" from the end of each image c
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elisar

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: Green Terror Recovery and Growth

Elisar wrote: When I first bought my Green terror he wasn't in the greatest shape, he was homed with another GT who was putting constant stress on him, in fact when he was in the shop he was almost completely black, had no fins and was just sitting in a corner until the other Terror disturbed him again then he'd run away to other side, as the fish shop workers were lazy jerks I decided I'd take him and they actually gave him me for free, as soon as I got him home he seemed happy instantly, he brightened up straight away to a normal whitish color that they get when they are young and was having the time of his life swimming in my 6.5ft tank considering he was only around .5inches at the time it was quite a lot to explore.
I have quite a few images of him on the day we bought him;

And here he is with my Blue Acara which shows how small he was and how peaceful my Acara was who passed away, a very sad day. :(

He had grown really well and started to grow his fins back very fast. here's a picture of him about 1-2 weeks after placing him in the tank

Then 6 weeks later he turned into a beautiful fish

And now here he is today, 1 year and 2 months later

He's now the perfect Green Terror, he NEVER attacks any of the fish and is absolutely stunning, definitely worth getting him, I guess lots of people would never of got him because the state he was in but I'm certainly happy I did and he's grown up with the Blue Acara who passed away, a Jack Dempsey who you can see in the final picture behind him,(she was also purchased the exact same day as I got the terror) 6 clown loach (now lives with 12) and 6 Silver dollars.

• Elisar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Thanks for that, all fixed now. :D

• Thank you received: 40

ehh replied the topic: Green Terror Recovery and Growth

What a change! He is pretty awesome looking. That nice of you take him home.

• JasonR
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hey man...Got a light?
  • Thank you received: 452

JasonR replied the topic: Green Terror Recovery and Growth

Wow quite a recovery bud! Looks great!

• Thank you received: 8

Foggyfogg 27 replied the topic: Green Terror Recovery and Growth

Very nice and glad you have become such an intelligent fish keeper. Any chance of seeing the clowns?

• Elisar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Yeah I'll try, the problem is they only come out when the lights are turned off so and when I take a pic you can't see anything and I only turn the lights on at night so I'll try and get some pics tomorrow night, my original clowns are quite fat at the moment though lol as I put a bit more food to fatten the skinny ones up but I've cut it down now. anyway I ramble too much so yeah ;p ill get some pics tomorrow night hopefully.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds