Green terror hurt badly

• CalebZachary
  • CalebZachary's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 44

CalebZachary replied the topic: Green terror hurt badly

Yeah, I know that now Bass. Thanks though. I was hoping he was going to pull through. From the looks of him he got beat up real bad before I got to him :/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bassetman
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Parachromis and Caquetaia thorichthys Addict
  • Thank you received: 182

bassetman replied the topic: Green terror hurt badly

Sometimes no amount of effort will help. Not my favorite bit o f keeping fish.

Good judgement comes from experience, experience comes from bad judgement

• Thank you received: 171

robham7770 replied the topic: Green terror hurt badly

Man, I hate to hear that! GTs are such cool fish, it sounds like the O may have decided he does not like company. I would keep an eye on the fire mouth, just to make sure he/she does not find itself on the receiving end of the oscars wrath. I just had two sals go ballistic in one of my tanks, fortunately for me they were not big enough to kill their targets..

• CalebZachary
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

Rob, actually the FM was picking on the GT first. He started it all. Then the O started picking on him after. The O is the ruler of the tank, though and the FM doesn't bother him.

CalebZachary wrote: Rob, actually the FM was picking on the GT first. He started it all. Then the O started picking on him after. The O is the ruler of the tank, though and the FM doesn't bother him.

I was thinking the other way around, most oscars are definitely capable of handling a FM, but unless there is a big size difference, most FM can't handle an O. I hope yours get along great, but I would keep an eye on the oscar for any changes in temperament because he/she is the likely culprit for the nasty injuries to the GT.

• CalebZachary
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

The FM is 3 inches and the O is 3 inches as well. The when I got him out of the tank the O was ramming him, but right before that the FM was. It was like a double team.

CalebZachary wrote: The FM is 3 inches and the O is 3 inches as well. The when I got him out of the tank the O was ramming him, but right before that the FM was. It was like a double team.

Sounds ugly, but I think if the Oscar is at this point is getting aggressive towards any tank mate, he could easily go after others. I would not assume that since the O and FM tag teamed the GT that they have some kind of bond. Just my opinion, and you never know how fish will react to one another. Those two could live years together, or you could add another GT and all could be well. Who knows why someone can keep this with that, and someone else has disastrous results with the same combination. My point was that the FM had it out for the GT from the get go, but the GT only got killed when the O got in on the action. FMs are for the most part bullies, and rarely kill anything. Oscars are different from any other fish I have experience with, some ignore everything in the tank, others attack everything in the tank, and some pick and choose what to kill.

• Popss
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Popss replied the topic: Green terror hurt badly

from my experience which in no way states the norm. when Oscar who is named Oscar hit the 8" 7month age fun time was over, lets kill everything! rocks heaters , the pleco! he still bullies the pleco, but as the pleco is just as big as he is, he just slides to the side and smirks. then goes back in his cave to chew on a chip or some zucchini.

point being i do not think Oscar would put up with anything in his tank that's a free day swimmer/feeder.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds