Seeking Green Terror and Jack Demsey information

• Timtim1234321
  • Timtim1234321's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Timtim1234321 created the topic: Seeking Green Terror and Jack Demsey information

Hello . I have been looking for very in depth information on Green Terrors and Jack Demseys. Ive been able to find minimal information on them such as there size , diet and place of origin . But thats it , this upsets me because I can read for weeks about my other fish like my Oscars and truley educate myself .. Does anyone know where I can much more advanced information on Green Terrors and Jack Demseys ? Books , web links , Personal knowledge , anything would be fantastic :) ** My fish are in great health there is no concerns I just wish to further educate myself :) **

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 581

Suprd71 replied the topic: Seeking Green Terror and Jack Demsey information

GT is a SA cichlid, aggressive, but not CA aggressive. Slow growth rate. Males average about 10ins full grown. Generally a good community cichlid with similar sized and tempered fish. I have one with a large Oscar, 2 Convicts, large JD and Gold Severum. Tank is 265g. Dempsey is a CA cichlid, generally what I would call medium temper and aggression for a CA. Slow growth as well. I have 2, the mentioned big male, and a smaller male, with another large Oscar and a pair of Nicaraguans in a 180g. Mine work well in their tanks, but never any guarantees when mixing cichlids. I mentioned in your 220 thread that you could likely have, for a couple years anyways, 2 O's, 1 GT and 1 JD in your 220. As full grown adults, you would be overstocked. Pair of 12-14in O's, 10in JD and GT= too much for a 6ft tank. 1 each would be ok, should they get along. Thats always a coin toss.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• Timtim1234321
  • Timtim1234321's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Timtim1234321 replied the topic: Seeking Green Terror and Jack Demsey information

Well ultimatly ive decided im gonna keep 2 Oscars in my tank POSSIBLY The jack demsey with them assuming his attitude stays in check .. The other fish are basically there as fillers for my aquarium because I still have lots of time to wait til full maturity .. Im gonna enjoy the variety when I can but im looking forward to having 2 giant Oscars in the future ... However it does look like im going to be returning my Green Terror .. For awhile he was doing great but now its at the point where he is unable to compete for food it has not eaten in almost a week , its not being bullied but it is however the smallest fish in my tank , one of my 2 plecos will also be being returned , theyve been good together since I picked the pair up but the larger pleco has now become a night terror to the smaller Pleco as well as any fish that investigates the alge waffers . So with that being said the tank will be a little less crowded .

• Thank you received: 163

tehmole replied the topic: Seeking Green Terror and Jack Demsey information

Hi, you're stating that those little guys are small now .. and you'll grow them out .....but in reality, down the line you'll get attach to them and then you'll have MTS (Multi-tank syndrome).

• Thank you received: 60

MetalHead88 replied the topic: Seeking Green Terror and Jack Demsey information

my experience with jds and oscars hasnt been so good. jacks are just as big, but stronger and more aggressive then oscars. if he wants the tank to himself - he'll have it.

ive seen first hand jds and oscars living in harmony - not mine haha.

green terrors can also be pretty mean - but they do grow slow. ive tried them a few times with various tankmates, but had to rehome every time because they just always ended up being the smaller fish because of the growth rate. ive never kept a full grown green terror, but ive heard they can be very aggressive. one day i would like to, maybe ill give it a tank to itself.

Tandanman replied the topic: Seeking Green Terror and Jack Demsey information

MetalHead88 wrote:
green terrors can also be pretty mean - but they do grow slow. ive tried them a few times with various tankmates, but had to rehome every time because they just always ended up being the smaller fish because of the growth rate. ive never kept a full grown green terror, but ive heard they can be very aggressive. one day i would like to, maybe ill give it a tank to itself.

Have you considered a tank with one GT, a small group of pictus and a BN? that would be a nice tank.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds