Some guy was/is selling these fry in my state

• Gaarakilla19
  • Gaarakilla19's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29

Gaarakilla19 created the topic: Some guy was/is selling these fry in my state

www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=757221964290890&set=pcb.479171995538306&type=1&theater he said , en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apistogramma_cacatuoides , fry from one of those <--- anyway i think the fish looks nice and was wondering info on the fish and stuff does anyone have one ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: Some guy was/is selling these fry in my state

You need to make the water in the tank soft with a ph of less than 7.0 to have these guys thrive.

• Gaarakilla19
  • Gaarakilla19's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29

Gaarakilla19 replied the topic: Some guy was/is selling these fry in my state

my tanks ph waas 6.2 or so last time i think i tested , couple weeks ago , but i dont want them , just maybe in future buy after my oscars setteled n me financially :P

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Some guy was/is selling these fry in my state

Yeah, SA dwarf cichlids are very cool fish, but I would DEFINITELY get your feet wet w/ Oscars & get much more experience under your belt before you even think about owning these guys....extremely sensitive to poor water quality, so very efficient biological filtration is needed, & to the best of my recollection, they do not appreciate large scale partial WC's, no more than 10% @ a time, & as Rock stated, they need very soft & acidic water to thrive.

I would suggest reading up on SA dwarf cichlids, & perhaps contacting Big Ken.....he kept these recently & can give you a great deal of insight into their care.

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• Thank you received: 163

tehmole replied the topic: Some guy was/is selling these fry in my state

i would love to get my hands on some of those ~ can't find locally except purchasing online which cost an arm and leg for a 1 incher ....

but yes, they are very sensitive - but good find.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds