-Stocking 40G Tank-

• Yippy221
  • Yippy221's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Yippy221 created the topic: -Stocking 40G Tank-

I'm wanting to stock my 40G with a few smaller fishes that have lots of character or have unique traits. I was thinking of fish such as
Black Convicts
Smaller Bichirs
Smaller Geophagus
Blue Acara
Silver Dollars
Botia Dario Loach
Keyhole Cichlid
These are just a few that I think that would go well in my tank, can you guys help me out and think of a few other fish that would go well in my tank?
Also, This tank is already cycled and ready to go so please leave a few suggestions. Thanks. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yippy221
  • Yippy221's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Yippy221 replied the topic: -Stocking 40G Tank-

Oh and I put this under S.A cichlids cause I couldn't think of a different place to put it .-.

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: -Stocking 40G Tank-

40GL? Not much more than a pair of some of the smaller cichlids...if you want CA's, anything from the Archocentrus or Thoritchys complexes.....Convicts, Saijicas, Firemouths, Aureus, Ellioti, etc.

You could do a nice dwarf cichlid tank....a couple of Rams, 2 or 3 Keyholes....a few dithers like Congo tetras.

You state you have a cycled tank.......exactly what is your dedicated biological filter?

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• Thank you received: 160

Poseidon2.0 replied the topic: -Stocking 40G Tank-

Welcome to the forum Yippy. I sure hope that this is an either/or question. All of these fish can not be kept together in one 40 gallon tank!

The Dark one has you covered.

These are good choices for cichlids in a 40 gallon, but wouldn't put more than a single pair of these kinds of cichlids in your tank or perhaps singles of two of the species. Adding more or less fish will depend on the foot print of your tank, but really there isn't much space for anything else. These fish can all grow to 6 inches, so will easily fill the space once they are adults.

How long is your tank? The longer the better in order to displace aggression and territorial behavior.

• Thank you received: 60

MetalHead88 replied the topic: -Stocking 40G Tank-

my vote goes to keyholes

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds