Tanked (Discovery Channel)

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Tanked (Discovery Channel)

As I relish the opportunity to bad-mouth these a-holes any chance I get, let me pick them apart w/ help from this generously supplied article (thanks, TL):

"A Blacktip shark named Zane had to be removed Friday from the restaurant’s 5,000-gallon aquarium after devouring three Lookdown fish in a shocking killing spree.'

Ummm....that's what sharks do. They eat other things. Duh.

"That very same day, a Whitetip shark died after colliding with a three-foot Wonder Wheel replica in the tank..."

2 things...WTF is a Wonder Wheel doing in an aquarium, as any fish could get caught in that eye-sore, & WTF are sharks DOING IN AN AQUARIUM? I'm not a fan of SW tanks to being with, & I don't believe sharks should be kept in captivity.

"“They went from being in an ocean to being in a tank. They were all disoriented,” Tankel added"

Really? Go figure. Maybe you should have left them in the ocean where they belonged?

"Tankel said he was in constant contact with an aquarium expert to deduce what made the Blacktip, which is known for being relatively docile, snap"

Ummm...it's a shark, DB? Kinda what they do? Idiot.

Sharks eat, swim, & make little sharks. If you keep them in close proximity w/ other fish, eventually, they will eat what they are housed with. :pinch:

BT sharks get up to 8 ft & can weigh 220 lbs.

Sharks do not belong in aquariums, I don't care how big they are......especially when they are being cared for by some DB who doesn't have the 1st clue on their taxonomy or husbandry. National Aquarium in Baltimore, OK, they have marine biologists on staff...I still don't agree w/ it, but @ least they have people on hand who know WTF they are doing.

These guys have the chuckleheads from Tanked. Which is why this happened. :sick: :pinch:

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 18

turtle lover replied the topic: Re:Tanked (Discovery Channel)

daddadoo7 wrote: I read that the episodes are mostly staged to look like they are always in a rush and always saving the customer abd that the episodes really take a long time to film. Who knows but I would think that maybe they preseed their filters. The show would definitely be better if they focused more on filtration and species. River monsters imo is equally corny thst guy is a complete drama queen

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Well, at least River Monsters is a documentary.

• Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:Re: Re:Tanked (Discovery Channel)

turtle lover wrote:

daddadoo7 wrote: I read that the episodes are mostly staged to look like they are always in a rush and always saving the customer abd that the episodes really take a long time to film. Who knows but I would think that maybe they preseed their filters. The show would definitely be better if they focused more on filtration and species. River monsters imo is equally corny thst guy is a complete drama queen

Sometimes I cant tell if the documentary is about him or the fish lol... I like the other "rivermonsters" type of show better cant remember the name though

turtle lover replied the topic: Re:Re: Re:Tanked (Discovery Channel)

daddadoo7 wrote:

turtle lover wrote:

Sometimes I cant tell if the documentary is about him or the fish lol... I like the other "rivermonsters" type of show better cant remember the name though

Well, the documentary is a little deep. It talks about the fear of the underwater creatures. However, people have the right to fear them, but it is what they do with the fear that matters. Killing for the host is not the option. that is why he releases the fishes. Trying to learn is the answer.

turtle lover replied the topic: Tanked (Discovery Channel)

By the way, how many fishes can someone put in a 3562 gallons tank that is a hexagon?

turtle lover replied the topic: Tanked (Discovery Channel)

How about Fish Tank Kings? Is it better, worse, or both are not wonderful shows.

• Richardb1976
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • You Can't Fix Stupid
  • Thank you received: 58

Richardb1976 replied the topic: Tanked (Discovery Channel)

I watch both shows for the entertainment factor and to see the final product. I definitely don't watch for fish advice.

• Thank you received: 56

JBare replied the topic: Re:Tanked (Discovery Channel)

I watched Tanked. Love it, even though I feel they consistently overstock aquariums.

• OFL
  • OFL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 415

OFL replied the topic: Tanked (Discovery Channel)

youMost of the projects they carry out on these programs are marine aquariums. I'm assuming that they are also going to help arrange for tank maintenance as a ongoing support? I remember they did a tank for this little kid, they actually built into his bed so that when he was lying down, he could see the fish through a window above him. To be honest, I didn't really I think this type of aquarium was very practical. He would outgrow the bed in a short few years, then what? But also, the maintenance side would be huge, surely they're not going to install one of these high maintenance aquariums and then just leave them to it?

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• Thank you received: 196

UNC-CH replied the topic: Tanked (Discovery Channel)

I hadn't seen this show and decided to watch an episode on youtube. I saw the episode where they made an eyeball tank for a doctors office and a tank for some Hatfield and McCoy themed place.
The tanks are built so there can be a tv show. The business, to whatever extent it may be a real business, exists so there can be a tv show. It reminds me of pawn stars. If memory serves I read that the cast makes $17M a season. Why would they work at a pawn shop for real when they can pretend to work at a pawn shop and get paid a fortune? The same is true with shows like this. They exist to make a money on television. Why would they they *not* be scripted? A scripted show that can trick enough people into believing that it's real will get far better ratings than an unscripted show. An unscripted show probably couldn't even make it on tv.
I'll check out river monsters. Maybe it's more of a documentary.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds