Quest about FLOWERHORNS (I LIVE IN THE SOUTH)

• Gaarakilla19
  • Gaarakilla19's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29

Gaarakilla19 created the topic: Quest about FLOWERHORNS (I LIVE IN THE SOUTH)

I was in a local fish store me and my friend saw on site so we went to visit and were very pleased in what we say alot of tanks and they were all clean with no dead fishes, we saw some cool looking loaches and up/down cats that swam upside down! looked wicked xD anyways i saw a flowerhorn tank and i want a flowerhorn now but the ones i saw none had humps on their heads even tho their juvinile D:, they had 1 firemouth in the tank and lady told us it was a jade cichlid i knew it wasnt lmao but my friend bought it anyway, so far its with his tiger barbs and jd , but was wondering is 14$ in US a good price for flowerhorns? and is the ones i saw real FH's? some were small and all blackish/greyish and bigger one was white/blue/yellow/orange lookin orange was by head area P.S since lady said it was a jewel cichlid (the firemouth) im not sure if those are even flower horns ;s i hope some i want one sometime ;s, also the lady says the people she gets fish from gives her tanks to sell 30-40% off but i think she said kits not just the tank but still new kit 30-40 off is great imo if its true o:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: Quest about FLOWERHORNS (I LIVE IN THE SOUTH)

That's more likely a low grade flowerhorn for $14. A good flowerhorn will be over $50 at 4" in size.

• Gaarakilla19
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Gaarakilla19 replied the topic: Quest about FLOWERHORNS (I LIVE IN THE SOUTH)

Damn thats gonna be hell to find one of those in NC then ;C , i want a nice flowerhorn with a hump and beautiful colors ;C , how big do they get usually 12-18"? Can lowgrades look good also?

Rocksor replied the topic: Quest about FLOWERHORNS (I LIVE IN THE SOUTH)

low grade means it doesn't look as well. Nice flowerhorns require a big tank like an oscar.

• Thank you received: 60

MetalHead88 replied the topic: Quest about FLOWERHORNS (I LIVE IN THE SOUTH)

if you post a pic we'll be able to tell u if they were flowerhorns or not.

but yeah 14 bucks is pretty good. but like rock said it probably wont have that some coloration as more expensive ones.

you never know though - your buddy might have gotten lucky

• Gaarakilla19
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Gaarakilla19 replied the topic: Quest about FLOWERHORNS (I LIVE IN THE SOUTH)

na it def looks like a firemouth but has big eyes haha its pretty lookin too , but ill get pics of that and the flowerhorns next time im around there

• Thank you received: 253

DRACO replied the topic: Quest about FLOWERHORNS (I LIVE IN THE SOUTH)

in my place, there are times flowerhorn are priced not only on quality but also on the credibility of the petshop. some people are very particular about the size of KOK, combined with colorization and markings. however, some people love those fh without KOK but with good colors... please allow me to post some pics of fh: it maybe low grade for some but for others, they love it...

Freehead fh:

• benmcfadden
  • Loose Lips Sink Ships

benmcfadden replied the topic: Quest about FLOWERHORNS (I LIVE IN THE SOUTH)

If you want a good FH you need to pay the price. In the UK they are £100+ ($200) but you get what you pay for, also you need to do regular W/C and feed it good food.

Haku, I knew your were good.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds