125 gal set up

• robham7770
  • robham7770's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 171

robham7770 replied the topic: 125 gal set up

tehmole wrote: whoa that's a lot of tanks ..... great pictures

Lol, yeah it is especially considering that when I joined the forum 1 yr 4 mos ago, I had a 10 gal and a 36gal.

@ben, I wish that were true. It is a constant effort, to try and stay on top of things, but I always do 75-80% wc on the tanks to hedge a little bit. If I miss a wc by a couple of days I have some wiggle room.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• robham7770
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

robham7770 replied the topic: Re:125 gal set up

ehall67 wrote: Thank you for the tour of you fish rooms! I have to say you should should had added a stocking list to the pics! Want to know all the great fish you have!!

Also don't underestimate sponge filtration they Are some of the best no Doubt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously Eddie, it took me almost an hour just to post what I did. :P A lot of the fish are multiples of the same species (hangover from my efforts to breed fish), but I will start to profile 1 or 2 at a time on my tank room thread, if anyone is interested.

oscarfishlover.com/forum/49--diy/301789-robs-tank-room?limitstart=0

Most of the tanks are not stocked properly, and have been seen before, but I am happy to share any success or failure with this site. If any one would like to see more information about any particular tank please let me know.

• Thank you received: 18

mishka replied the topic: Re:125 gal set up

Holy moly, beautiful tanks!
Great job! How on earth do you maintain all of that! my 150g is already enough for me :laugh:

• robham7770
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

mishka wrote: Holy moly, beautiful tanks!
Great job! How on earth do you maintain all of that! my 150g is already enough for me :laugh:

I will probably be up til around 3am changing water tonight, and I plan on getting rid of some soon(maybe).

• robham7770
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

I was on the verge of stealing completely cycled filters off of some other tanks and putting my dovii in the new tank, when it dawned on me that it has no lids, and that might not be a good idea. Does anyone have any suggestions on how make, or get inexpensive heavy lids for a 125 on the cheap?

• robham7770
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

Update on tank with water, and it is only 2:30 am.

• Thank you received: 218

DBLN8 replied the topic: 125 gal set up

Here's what I did on the 120 I just got. I would suggest slicing some air line tubing to cover the glass edges or use packing tape like I did.

www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=42194

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Re:125 gal set up

robham7770 wrote: I was on the verge of stealing completely cycled filters off of some other tanks and putting my dovii in the new tank, when it dawned on me that it has no lids, and that might not be a good idea. Does anyone have any suggestions on how make, or get inexpensive heavy lids for a 125 on the cheap?

Rob, I got my 125GL glass lids for $40.83 @ The Hidden Reef in Levittown, PA....& I'm pretty sure they ship online, you could always contact. I also know that Drs. Foster & smith had them for $50, I'm pretty sure that includes shipping.....those were the 2 cheapest, everybody else, including my usual go-to guy @ The Fish factory wanted around $80.

DF&S has both AGA (Aqueon) & Perfecto (Marineland):

www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=3781

www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=3790

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• robham7770
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

Darth Nandopsis wrote:

robham7770 wrote: I was on the verge of stealing completely cycled filters off of some other tanks and putting my dovii in the new tank, when it dawned on me that it has no lids, and that might not be a good idea. Does anyone have any suggestions on how make, or get inexpensive heavy lids for a 125 on the cheap?

Rob, I got my 125GL glass lids for $40.83 @ The Hidden Reef in Levittown, PA....& I'm pretty sure they ship online, you could always contact. I also know that Drs. Foster & smith had them for $50, I'm pretty sure that includes shipping.....those were the 2 cheapest, everybody else, including my usual go-to guy @ The Fish factory wanted around $80.

DF&S has both AGA (Aqueon) & Perfecto (Marineland):

www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=3781

www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=3790

Thanks, but is a normal glass canopy sufficient for a really big cichlid? I just don't want to end up starting a thread about how I found my fish on the floor. I guess my next question would be would you use these tops for the tank ?

• robham7770
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

First video of the dovii in the new tank. This is also his first wc in there. He really distrust me at this point(can you blame him). but is siphoned out some nice poop, and when he does not know I am watching he is very active and seems to be doing well.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds