Api test kit question

• Nyx
  • Nyx's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16

Nyx created the topic: Api test kit question

During one of my last water testing sessions I noticed that on one of my test tubes almost all of the white lettering and line have rubbed off. I'm talking about the glass test tubes that come with the api master test kit. All of my other tubes look like new and this one continues to rub off and soon I won't be able to see the 5ml mark. Does anyone know if there is a way I can contact api about this problem or order a new one? I checked their website but it wasn't incredibly helpful.

By the way, even though this is a question about a water testing kit I didn't put in the water chemistry category since this is more about the kit itself. So I hope I'm in the correct category here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 158

Goranothos replied the topic: Api test kit question

Do you always do all the tests at the same time? Just use a different test tube. Rinse them out with tap water when you are finished. I broke one of my test tubes the first day I got my kit. You will eventually run out of of the liquids and have to order another kit anyway, then you'll have excess test tubes. :-)

“Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.” -Mike Tyson

• Nyx
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

Nyx replied the topic: Api test kit question

No. i dont know why but i always tried to use the same test tube for the same type of test each time. i.e. i use the same one for ph all the time, the same one for ammonia all the time etc.

i guess it doesnt matter, i just thought it was weird one wore off when they were all used equally. but thanks for your imput :)

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: Api test kit question

I think I may have a couple spare somewhere, drop me a PM with your address and I will send you a couple spare, as long as I've still got them, I'm pretty sure I have

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• Nyx
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

Nyx replied the topic: Api test kit question

Wow, thank you so much! But it's not nessicary. I'll just take a permanent marker and mark where the line should be before it wears off completely. But thanks so much for the offer!

• Thank you received: 163

tehmole replied the topic: Api test kit question

you can always use the other test tubes ~ like what Gor suggested. do remember marker will rub off eventually

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds