After some really smart unique ornaments.

• Thank you received: 41

purplecandle replied the topic: After some really smart unique ornaments.

If you want to do skyrim, just put mountains everywhere! Every time I need to get somewhere, there is a dang mountain in the way. Then me and Shadowmere have to spend a dang hour going around!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 41

purplecandle replied the topic: After some really smart unique ornaments.

Forgot to add, why not do Asian themed? Asian themed is about minimal decoration...a good theme to choose if you need water volume, space, but you still want a pretty tank.

• Campbell
  • Campbell's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Campbell replied the topic: After some really smart unique ornaments.

Ha I know skyrim and oblivion have taken far to much of my life up. Waiting for the new one in December it's had bad reviews on PC tho.
I thought 55g was minimum for an oscar fish that's why I have bought the 75g for extra room. I would of bought bugger but I am on a first floor so weight issues arise. What about a tall statue with no sharp edges mad of frosted glass? I have emailed this company that make statues out off glass and they have said they could make me whatever I want out of frosted glass with no sharp edges. And this would only take up as much swim room as a Rock on the floor.

• Thank you received: 581

Suprd71 replied the topic: After some really smart unique ornaments.

Yes, you may have read here and there that a 55 is minimum for an Oscar. Here, we encourage people to have at least 75g for a single Oscar alone. A fish that gets longer than a 55 is wide really needs the extra 6in width of a 75g. Unless you are really attached to the plec, it should be removed from your Oscar tank, its a huge strain on the bio load. Or a bigger tank. Oscars get huge, so do some breeds of pleco, they need lotsa space and water volume.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Campbell

• Campbell
  • Campbell's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Campbell replied the topic: After some really smart unique ornaments.

Right I will try and get rid of my plec. Also my oscar is about 8 inch long at the moment had him a year since a baby. How much more growth will I get out of him and do they stop growing after 3 years or so? When I bought the oscar and plec a year ago the guy at the fish shop told me they would be fine in my 20g tank forever. And that they won't get that big! I realised after researching that he was talking shite. But my oscar is the best fish I have ever had and I have grown close to him. Pisses me off tho that I was not told at the shop how big they would get.

• Thank you received: 581

Suprd71 replied the topic: After some really smart unique ornaments.

With proper care, meaning tankspace, clean water and good diet an Oscar can grow to 16ins and live 15yrs. They do not stop growing at 3yrs, they grow pretty well all their lives. Length may taper off at some point, but they generally get beefier as the years roll on. That fish shop obviously knows zip about big cichlids. At 8ins and a year old, your guy is a bit small due to improper care till now. The 75g with a serious dose of water changes, twice weekly, and he should put on some size. Premium diet is very important, he needs some veg matter regular and a vitamin supplement with at least half of his feedings. I highly recommend Boyd's VitaChem. Dont feed every day, every 2nd day is plenty for an adult Oscar.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds