New Tank!

• Morosith
  • Morosith's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4

Morosith created the topic: New Tank!

I just got a new tank today! It's a tall 40 gallon I plan to use to breed some angelfish. There's an established pair at my LFS both black with red eyes I'm hoping will still be available once my tank is cycled. I'll have some pics when I get home! Any one have advice on bReeding angels?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 583

Suprd71 replied the topic: New Tank!

Hey, thats great. I believe one of our Mods, Big-Ken breeds, or at least used to breed Angels.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• Morosith
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Morosith replied the topic: New Tank!

Here it is!
Pre Water, Post water, and post decor and filter

• Morosith
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Morosith replied the topic: New Tank!

So the established pair at my LFS is going for $50. The male is a pretty nice 8" tall and the female is about 5". To those who have experience with angelfish or know about the pricing of pairs, does this sound like a deal?

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: New Tank!

Beware of anyone selling a "breeding pair" of anything. Although they may have bred for this person, that does not mean they will breed for you, & they may be "bred out", meaning they are old & are past the point where they will be productive (any Angel that is 8" is not young!!!). I'm not casting aspersions on your LFS guy, but there are unscrupulous people out there, & $50 is quite a bit, especially if they are "common" Angels. I would ask for a written guarantee that they will breed before I shelled out that kind of dough. If he won't supply it, walk away.

If you truly want to get a proven pair, try AngelsPlus.com. Contact Steve & ask him what he may have....you may pay more, but you will definitely get a breeding pair. Steve has GREAT Angels....I have my eye on some of his DD Black Angels, which are spectacular. NOTE: I just looked @ his pricing for breeding pairs....WOW........anything other than Koi Angels is reasonable, (DD Black is around $160), but his asking price for a pair of Koi Angels is ASTRONOMICAL....I didn't pay what he is asking ($625!!!) for my 125GL aquarium & stand!! I've paid some hefty sums for fish, (I paid over $100 for my N. Beani to be shipped overnight to my front door!!) but never even close to that price!! Beautiful Angelfish for sure, but NO fish is worth that, not in my world!!! :pinch:

You would be better off purchasing 6 small ones & let them pair off naturally; that's the easiest & most cost effective way to get a pair. Angels will breed quite freely once a pair bond is established....I had a pair of Silvers that laid eggs every 2 weeks like clockwork.

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• Thank you received: 56

JBare replied the topic: Re:New Tank!

My Mom has a breeding pair right now, they lay eggs every 2 weeks on the dot. Their 1st set we have 10 babies left who are just starting to look like angelfish. They are adorable. Now I feel like I need another tank, an angelfish tank. Yes..

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds