Inverts that won't eat fish fry?

• Morosith
  • Morosith's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4

Morosith created the topic: Inverts that won't eat fish fry?

So I want to set up a 10 gallon tank for my eventual angelfish fry and was wondering what would be some good inverts to keep in the tank so I don't have an empty box of water between spawns. I'm assuming I'll be looking at snails. I'll be setting up a sponge filter after I hit up my petco tomorrow and I will likely just grow some java moss in the tank and possible keep it bare bottom.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Inverts that won't eat fish fry?

Place the sponge filter in the parents tank to cycle it. I would recommend keeping cory cats or a BN pleco before inverts.....snails can & will eat fry before they free-swim, & can carry parasites.

Also, a 10GL tank is far too small for the proper rearing of Angelfish fry....they will become stunted in a tiny tank like that....I would state no smaller than a 40GL breeder. When I bred Angels, I used an old 55GL to ensure proper growth. They are cichlids in good standing, & the more room the better.

" eventual angelfish fry"

Confidence is key.... B) Any idea how old this pair is & how many times they have spawned? As stated previously, eventually, the female will stop producing eggs.

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• Morosith
  • Morosith's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4

Morosith replied the topic: Inverts that won't eat fish fry?

I'm not sure about their age and the female laid eggs at least once at my LFS but I'm not how many. And all right sir, if bigger is what I will need, then bigger is what I will get.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds