Ever end up with a gaint pleco, when buying a tank? LOL

• DMD123
  • DMD123's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 187

DMD123 created the topic: Ever end up with a gaint pleco, when buying a tank? LOL

This is just one of those funny things I think all of us who have bought a tank on Craigslist has ended up with.

My story: I went to go pick up a 56g column (now a friend has) and the owner failed to mention it still had a fish... a 12" common pleco that had a deformed tail. Sad to listen to him say this was like his third one. He kept buying them from the pet store, grew them out and took them back. Im surprised no on ever suggested a bristle nose to him. I ended up 'donating' it to a local fish store for free.

So what are your giant pleco stories?

(This post was inspired by the Godzilla Pleco post! www.oscarfishlover.com/forum/33-all-other-aquatic-chat/304770-godzilla-pleco#386343 )
The following user(s) said Thank You: Poseidon2.0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 583

Suprd71 replied the topic: Ever end up with a gaint pleco, when buying a tank? LOL

I'm going a couple hours south on Friday to pick up a new tank. This outlet has an indoor pond with the KingKong of plecos. This beast is a minimum 2ft long and easy 8-9ins across the head. If I have my head on straight after my night shift, I'm gonna bring the cam and get a pic of this monster. Far and away the biggest I have ever seen.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• DMD123
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

DMD123 replied the topic: Ever end up with a gaint pleco, when buying a tank? LOL

Would love to see a picture of that!

• Thank you received: 583

Suprd71 replied the topic: Ever end up with a gaint pleco, when buying a tank? LOL

I'll do me best. Theres actually another in there, a good 18+, but the big guy is just freakish.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Ever end up with a gaint pleco, when buying a tank? LOL

My common pleco Leviathan is an easy 12".....& I plan on keeping him. Currently housed in a 125GL w/ my Jag Darth Sidious. But I bought him about 5 years ago when he was about 1/2", tiny little cat in a tankful of Convicts, all beat up. But didn't come w/ the tank, so I guess he doesn't qualify!! B)

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• DMD123
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

DMD123 replied the topic: Ever end up with a gaint pleco, when buying a tank? LOL

In a local forum I belong to there are a ton of people who just ended up with big commons, or sailfins because they bought a tank with one and then could not rehome them and ended up with big plecos. I would have considered keeping the common because it had a beautiful pattern but the tail was pretty messed up. It was bent off to one side. I cant verify this but the fish store I gave it to has one with the same looking tail that is HUGE and I think it might be the one I gave them.

• Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:Re: Ever end up with a gaint pleco, when buying a tank? LOL

Suprd71 wrote: I'm going a couple hours south on Friday to pick up a new tank. This outlet has an indoor pond with the KingKong of plecos. This beast is a minimum 2ft long and easy 8-9ins across the head. If I have my head on straight after my night shift, I'm gonna bring the cam and get a pic of this monster. Far and away the biggest I have ever seen.

Want to see this beast stop being stingy with the pics :lol:

• Thank you received: 56

JBare replied the topic: Re:Ever end up with a gaint pleco, when buying a tank? LOL

My Mom gave me one for Marshall's tank, he was fine for awhile but then started to get huge and started to attack my O. He would try to attach himself to my O. Crazy. He now lives in our neighborhood pond and has gotten massive.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds