I told you so, fool!

• Thank you received: 187

DMD123 replied the topic: I told you so, fool!

I think this may have been the one in question....
www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?581589-Tankmates-Dovii

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 27

Craigsfish replied the topic: I told you so, fool!

Wow...that thread never ends......................

• Thank you received: 171

robham7770 replied the topic: I told you so, fool!

DMD123 wrote: I think this may have been the one in question....
www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?581589-Tankmates-Dovii

Well that was the one I wanted to see, and a lot of the empathy I felt for the owner just went out the window. It is obvious that the 60/90 guys have never seen a large fish in a home aquarium. i really am confused by the attitude. if you are going to get one of the baddest fish available, then why downplay its potential to justify keeping it an inadequate tank?

• Suprd71
  • Suprd71's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 583

Suprd71 replied the topic: I told you so, fool!

robham7770 wrote: If someone could link to the exchange between Dave and the fish owner, I would like to see it. I had my similar sized dovii in a 55 for a couple of months, and the only problem was he was quite reclusive. Now he is in a 6 '125gal, and has self inflicted injuries all the time. Obviously a 6' x 18" tank will not work for this fish long term, but should be sufficient at 11'. Now that he has taken ownership of his surroundings, he is like a missle, and i am not really sure that a bigger boat would calm him much.

My guess is that when these fish hit adolescence, they can get a little nuts, and can easily hurt themselves in the process. A larger tank may help, but if the fish hits it at full speed, the results would be the same. i really think there is something more here, than a small tank.

Well, thats a bit of a concern Rob. My little dude is still in the 55, over 4ins now. Next weekend he gets upped to a 125. I'm hoping to get 2yrs out of that, but the ramming thing I am not looking forward to. The MFK thread I never professed to be a Dovii expert, didnt even have mine then. Was just trying to relay that big fish need big tanks, regardless of species.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• Thank you received: 171

robham7770 replied the topic: I told you so, fool!

Suprd71 wrote:

robham7770 wrote: If someone could link to the exchange between Dave and the fish owner, I would like to see it. I had my similar sized dovii in a 55 for a couple of months, and the only problem was he was quite reclusive. Now he is in a 6 '125gal, and has self inflicted injuries all the time. Obviously a 6' x 18" tank will not work for this fish long term, but should be sufficient at 11'. Now that he has taken ownership of his surroundings, he is like a missle, and i am not really sure that a bigger boat would calm him much.

My guess is that when these fish hit adolescence, they can get a little nuts, and can easily hurt themselves in the process. A larger tank may help, but if the fish hits it at full speed, the results would be the same. i really think there is something more here, than a small tank.

Well, thats a bit of a concern Rob. My little dude is still in the 55, over 4ins now. Next weekend he gets upped to a 125. I'm hoping to get 2yrs out of that, but the ramming thing I am not looking forward to. The MFK thread I never professed to be a Dovii expert, didnt even have mine then. Was just trying to relay that big fish need big tanks, regardless of species.

Dave, not really sure how many Dovii experts are out there, but from what I saw of the thread you gave solid advice that the owner did not want to hear. I also wonder how many fish actually die from that type of injury. I have worried about infection, and or scarring from head scrapes, but never thought of them as life threatening. I could be wrong, but I still think there is a little more to this story.

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: I told you so, fool!

Dave,
You are better than me. I would let him HAVE IT. :evil: But I can't....I got banned from that website many years ago for proving the fish hoarders on that site wrong w/ facts, figures, & science, & then proving one of the Admins wrong. If you do choose to go after him, let me know, as I would like to have a good chuckle.

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• Thank you received: 185

Lammergeier replied the topic: I told you so, fool!

Bumping an old (ish) thread with a nice daily dose of face-palm worthy rage. Again, Suprd, I don't know how you manage to keep your cool over there.

A nice snippet from someone re: a w/c schedule: "I currently have 2-9" oscars, 7" Mayan, 12" Kraussi and a 14" red bay snook with a 13" pleco in a 125 and do a 25-30% water change every 2 weeks. A well established tank shouldn't require anymore than that. Of course you can do whatever you like. " :whistle:

• Thank you received: 195

jmunroe replied the topic: Re:I told you so, fool!

I saw that over there as well. I don't have an account there but browse from time to time. There is a vast lack of knowledge there for sure. And I too would find it hard to stay cool.

Go do a water change - the solution to pollution is dilution.

• Thank you received: 185

Lammergeier replied the topic: Re:I told you so, fool!

Same here jmunroe. I don't have an account either but I was over there trying to dig up a bit of info re: sexing umbees and made my way to that thread.

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: I told you so, fool!

Well, I made an account for MFK......same name as here....saw that thread about 90GL Oscar tank & WC's....read the whole thing...& guess who just posted on that thread? Our old friend pops...... :pinch:

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds