I told you so, fool!

• Thank you received: 185

Lammergeier replied the topic: I told you so, fool!

Who was pops?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Suprd71
  • Suprd71's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 583

Suprd71 replied the topic: I told you so, fool!

He was a short lived, but regular member who one too many times got out of control with his posts. A few to many "pops" from the fridge, a little too loose with the lip, and KAPOW.. the BanHammer did swing mightily!

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• Suprd71
  • Suprd71's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 583

Suprd71 replied the topic: I told you so, fool!

Well Lam, I actually read and post occasionally over there solely for amusement. But, I'll be God-Damned if anyone, anywhere is gonna tell me about Oscars. Unless its one of our own respected and highly successful fishkeepers. And thats still a maybe!

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• Thank you received: 187

DMD123 replied the topic: I told you so, fool!

MFK drives me nuts, Its a damned if you do and damned if you dont mentality. The whole debate on water changes... what the H? Since when has been doing good water changes a 'waste of water and money'? Then Frank asked a question about minimum tank size and got chewed a new one for it, with accusations of he was going to do it anyway and was just looking for approval. That site has to have the most cyber bullies and arrogant people Ive ever seen.

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: I told you so, fool!

Case in point:

www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?592047-Water-changes-for-90-gallon-Oscar/page5

Some guy mentioned something about Oscars not growing past 10" in the wild, so why should they get that way in the aquarium (same guy who got into it w/ Dave)...I explained that you probably don't see them over 10" in the wild due to predation by other animals, (which if you know ANYTHING about biology & the food chain, is the way it works)...& out of nowhere Mr. Helper comes along......I think I made my case, politely. :evil:

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• Thank you received: 195

jmunroe replied the topic: I told you so, fool!

I think you'll always be wrong on that site unless you agree with keeping large fish in not so large aquariums with little water changes. I think that's how they justify keeping their fish the way they do. They just argue with anyone who says large water changes are required. I like the part where after all his verbal diarrhea, and after Dave tells him how much nitrates his oscar produces, that he underestimated how messy they are. Admitted ignorance tells me he shoulda kept his mouth shut to begin with instead of spouting off about something he knows nothing about. Dig out a pic of JasonR's 16" oscar and let the fools chase that unicorn lol. By the way where is JasonR?

Edit: I may need to make an account there just so I can laugh at the gasps of horror when I tell them I have 1 oscar in a 6 foot 125 gallon and do 2 water changes a week. Oh the horror....

Go do a water change - the solution to pollution is dilution.

Yeah a comparison to large (16") Oscars might as well be unicorns was funny. NOT

Really not sure who to credit the picture to, but everywhere Ive seen it says this is an 18" wide 75g tank with a fish that touches front to back. Hey look a Unicorn! :laugh:

• Thank you received: 195

jmunroe replied the topic: Re:I told you so, fool!

If it's not 16" its damn close. The lights and lid are visible at the top for comparison, I just measured the flap lid on one of my tanks and its 4.5 inches. Those lights measure about the same each. That's a big unicorn right there.

Go do a water change - the solution to pollution is dilution.

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: I told you so, fool!

You really should post that pic on that site....... :evil:

OH PLEASE POST IT. P-L-E-A-S-E........Just to shut them up. I just read what they posted. These 2 are arguing just to argue.

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

That has been one of my all time favorite pictures to show the true size potential of an Oscar. Not that all and every Oscar will get there but that you can have an exceptional one that can. I wont post it on MFK because those guys are so close minded, Im sure there would be photoshop allegations, more Unicorn talk, maybe even Leprechaun's will get brought up. Just not worth it.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds