Fish Bucket List

• Lammergeier
  • Lammergeier's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 185

Lammergeier replied the topic: Fish Bucket List

Agreed. My RDs are probably hybrids, but while I adore them as pets I would never, ever consider breeding them, and probably wouldn't have ended up with them at all if it weren't for the unusual circumstances that led up to them being in my care.

The worst goldfish I've seen are the ranchu, lionhead and pearlscale ones. I see them at pet stores all the time, and it's just pathetic. The poor things can barely swim.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Rogue_Violetta
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 25

Rogue_Violetta replied the topic: Fish Bucket List

Your RD's were also wild caught, Lamm. No way to really know.

Keeper of the Food Pellets of Malekith the Never Accursed, Lover of Bubbles and Airstones, and Beloved of the Rogue Violetta.

Throw yourself in- use the wrong words, try different foods, kiss random fish. It's an adventure!

• Lammergeier
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

You know, I'm not 100% sure about that. I know they're descended from wild caught ones from Hazelwood, but whether mine are actually wild caught or bred from WC parents is debatable. I think Destructo's probably w/c because he has the big RD lips that they tend to lose when captive bred, but all 3 of them are a lot more interactive than WC fish tend to be. Anyway, this is getting way off topic. I want to hear about other people's bucket lists :D

• Thank you received: 187

DMD123 replied the topic: Fish Bucket List

Lammergeier wrote: What species of ray (if any) did you have in mind?

Most likely a Potamotrygon Motoro since they are the best ray for a beginner ray keeper. But I really like the Potamotrygon Leopoldi with the large polka-dot pattern.

The problem is finding a tank at an affordable price with a 4x8 footprint and then having a place to put it in the house. Oh and the wife's approval for said tank. :P

• Lammergeier
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

Wife approval, huh? Hmm... I dunno man... those juvenile rays are adorable, maybe just drag her along to somewhere that stocks them and make her look at them till she falls in love with one.

The good thing about having a partner as into this as I am is that there's no complaints when I'm wanting a fish that gets to 2ft long, and fish maintenance is divided 50/50. The bad thing is that there's no one moderating the madness, so ALL our spare money just gets blown on fish stuff.

• Thank you received: 187

DMD123 replied the topic: Fish Bucket List

My wife will object to a lot of my over the top fish ideas but Ive heard her talking with our friends (when Im not in the room) and she apparently does listen to what I say about the fish, cause she can tell them everything about the fish and tanks. Ive caught her talking to my Pearsei and she admits that she feeds them when she is home because they were 'looking' at her (begging), so she gave in and fed them.

The real problem is where to place such a big tank for a ray. I need a better house layout.

• Thank you received: 160

Poseidon2.0 replied the topic: Fish Bucket List

As I mentioned in that other thread, I want a tank of frontosa. They live to be about 25 years old, if treated well, so you have to be in it for the long haul with these ones. I think I like the fact that they are large fish that like to be in a community environment (at least of their own kind).

• Thank you received: 578

Suprd71 replied the topic: Fish Bucket List

Would love to have N.Beani, or Haitiensis(Black Nasty), but would struggle with summer heat and humidity. Motaguense ,Festae(girl) and P.Loisellei are all on my radar. H.Cyanno and Carpintis. Very cool would be a huge, like 12ft 600gal Vieja tank, with a shoal of Balas or Tinfoils for the flash effect.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• Lammergeier
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

"12ft 600gal Vieja tank, with a shoal of Balas or Tinfoils for the flash effect. " That would be super cool.

You'd need to have something truly massive like that to maximise the likelihood of all those CAs getting along.

My partner has spoken about wanting a 6 or 8ft tank and just filling it with neon tetras...

@Poseidon: I really don't know a great deal about frontosas, but I do agree that a large setup with them would look absolutely stunning, that's for sure!

• Thank you received: 171

robham7770 replied the topic: Fish Bucket List

TSn

Calvus

RTM pair

Shellies

Discus, taps, festae, etc.....

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds