Setting up the 100g.

• robham7770
  • robham7770's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 171

robham7770 replied the topic: Re:Setting up the 100g.

Well the transfer went quite well, NOT! The Limas spines got caught in the net, and while I was trying to extricate him the tank he was in was overflowing. I managed to get him cut free, but some net remained stuck on his fin. Then as I was trying to get the arrow in a bag, it made a leap for freedom and ended up on the floor. I think it has some damage to its left eye, and is now swimming with a bit of list(about 10 degrees), the fish is eating, and hopefully it is not a permanent situation. The piece of net has dislodged from the limas fin as of this morning and he was ravenous.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 160

Poseidon2.0 replied the topic: Re:Setting up the 100g.

I have similar troubles whenever I try to move my 10 inch pleco. Those spiny dorsals! Last time I moved him I scared him into a large plastic juice pitcher with a net. Not an easy feat.

• robham7770
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

"For anyone who does not know better, this is not a good stocking situation! All of these fish get 24"+ and will soon outgrow this tank. I will either have a huge tank in the coming months or none of these fish. Anything less than a 600 gal+ tank will not house these fish for long."

I wanted to show these guys here first, I have great respect for all the mods and fishkeepers here. I think it might be time that I break ties with the site, since I hate to be a hypocrite. In my opinion, this is the best site on the web for education about keeping large fish in a home set up. I wish everyone the best, and will lurk around as the guest member, I added this disclaimer to the thread.

• Thank you received: 160

Poseidon2.0 replied the topic: Re:Setting up the 100g.

robham7770 wrote: "For anyone who does not know better, this is not a good stocking situation! All of these fish get 24"+ and will soon outgrow this tank. I will either have a huge tank in the coming months or none of these fish. Anything less than a 600 gal+ tank will not house these fish for long."

I wanted to show these guys here first, I have great respect for all the mods and fishkeepers here. I think it might be time that I break ties with the site, since I hate to be a hypocrite. In my opinion, this is the best site on the web for education about keeping large fish in a home set up. I wish everyone the best, and will lurk around as the guest member, I added this disclaimer to the thread.

Where is that quote from? I am a bit confused. Don't leave the site! I always enjoy your participation.

• Thank you received: 56

JBare replied the topic: Re:Setting up the 100g.

I'm confused Rob?

• Thank you received: 578

Suprd71 replied the topic: Re:Setting up the 100g.

Hoping you reconsider Rob. You have interesting fish and setups. Really wanna follow your pond build, track your Dovii. STAAAAAAY!

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• robham7770
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

I was very conflicted even starting this thread. I feel that showing an obviously overstocked tank on a site dedicated to assisting people in setting up and caring for fish is hypocritical. I have had these fish for months, and have never shown them, because they were in other overstocked tanks. I came here almost 2yrs ago with a 10gal, and a36 gal, and was losing fish as fast as I could buy them. I now have approx 800gals, all of which have stocking issues, but unless one jumps I can not tell you the last fish I lost(I don't include carpintis fry). I attribute this moderate level of success to this site, and don't want to post stuff that conflicts with the advice given here. I just feel that since I can't produce a single exceptional tank out of 15, I should keep my mouth shut.

• Thank you received: 56

JBare replied the topic: Re:Setting up the 100g.

I'd like you to stay, but that's just me.

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Setting up the 100g.

You know me.......I am all about stocking levels....but you are one of the last people I would ever want to leave this site. You do what you feel you must, but please continue to contribute.

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:Re: Re:Setting up the 100g.

robham7770 wrote: Meat Loaf is getting acclimated, and the others are soon to follow. The fish were all in separate tanks, and all were due for wc. I did my usual 75%, but filled very slowly trying to get all tanks at the same temp. My thinking was that this would be less stressful on the fish, however trying to catch fish in a full tank is not easy, and probably causes them more stress.

Looks freakin awesome im a huge fan of large cats

robham7770 wrote: I was very conflicted even starting this thread. I feel that showing an obviously overstocked tank on a site dedicated to assisting people in setting up and caring for fish is hypocritical. I have had these fish for months, and have never shown them, because they were in other overstocked tanks. I came here almost 2yrs ago with a 10gal, and a36 gal, and was losing fish as fast as I could buy them. I now have approx 800gals, all of which have stocking issues, but unless one jumps I can not tell you the last fish I lost(I don't include carpintis fry). I attribute this moderate level of success to this site, and don't want to post stuff that conflicts with the advice given here. I just feel that since I can't produce a single exceptional tank out of 15, I should keep my mouth shut.

Dude im relatively new to this site but imo who gives a crap ! Its not like your telling people to overstock there tanks. Its a hobby that is meant to be enjoyable and if ypu find having more than one fish in a tank is enjoyable then so be it. If your over stocked and still maintain healthy fish....oh well thats your biz and you should be embarrassed or have to hide it. I would love to see pics of your tanks regardless of the stocking levels its free country dude.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds