stocking advice

• Thank you received: 40

ehh created the topic: stocking advice

hey guys so i got a new fish yesterday. a "gold" jack dempsey. a friend of mine has a few of them. he also has some blue gene regular jack dempseys. he wants me to take another one. right not he/sh is about an inch long and in a 20 long with some tiger barbs... silly little guys has been school with them that last 24 hours.
i was going to buy a 40 breeder and grow him out in there until i decided what i wanted to do long term. then i got the ok from my gf to set up another 75, seeing as i have a spare stand for a 75/90 gallon. she also said i should take another on of my friends jack dempseys from him. my concern is what if i end up with 2 males in a 75 gallon? i already have the "gold" so i would taking one of his regular ones if i took another one. so they kind of look alike but not really. do i need to worry about conspecific aggression?

heres a photo of the little cutie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 578

Suprd71 replied the topic: stocking advice

JD grows slow, so 2 in a 75 would be alright for quite a while, but 2 males I think would go bad rather quickly. I have a single male in a 75, if I were to add another it would be brawl time guaranteed.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• Thank you received: 40

ehh replied the topic: stocking advice

ah ok. i figured that would be the answer. guess itll be one jack dempsey then. thanks!

• benmcfadden
  • Loose Lips Sink Ships
  • Thank you received: 877

benmcfadden replied the topic: stocking advice

very nice

Haku, I knew your were good.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds