R.I.P. Peacock and Spike.

• Rogue_Violetta
  • Rogue_Violetta's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 25

Rogue_Violetta created the topic: R.I.P. Peacock and Spike.

I got up today, to find two of my fish had passed away in the night. I got a few female fancy inbred guppies, and wanted to try breeding them with my two kinda different ones, to see if that might do something for the inbredness.

Peacock and Spike were rather old, and probably should have been dead a few months ago. We put them in the quarantine tank, with the females, where they basically constantly tried to impress them. More may have happened.

However, it seems it was a bit much for them, and they passed away, with no signs of being attacked, or disease.

The general consensus seems to be Death by Snoo Snoo.

I'll miss you little guys, and your speed demon zooming, and pretty colours and markings. But, I hope you died happy, wooing those ladies.

Keeper of the Food Pellets of Malekith the Never Accursed, Lover of Bubbles and Airstones, and Beloved of the Rogue Violetta.

Throw yourself in- use the wrong words, try different foods, kiss random fish. It's an adventure!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 97

ernie replied the topic: Re:R.I.P. Peacock and Spike.

Sounds like they may have passed away with a smile on their faces, still sad to loose pets.

• Thank you received: 196

UNC-CH replied the topic: R.I.P. Peacock and Spike.

I'm sorry to hear about Peacock and Spike. I lost a pregnant female guppy a while back so I may have some idea how you feel.

• Rogue_Violetta
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

Rogue_Violetta replied the topic: R.I.P. Peacock and Spike.

Thanks guys.

I'm just hoping that they did the deed with the ladies, so there'll be something of them around still, if that makes sense. I got quite fond of them, and they were the happiest I've ever seen them, when they were put in the q tank with the ladies. In fact, I think they were overwhelmed a bit, as one tried to impress a gourami...

Keeper of the Food Pellets of Malekith the Never Accursed, Lover of Bubbles and Airstones, and Beloved of the Rogue Violetta.

Throw yourself in- use the wrong words, try different foods, kiss random fish. It's an adventure!

• Thank you received: 41

purplecandle replied the topic: R.I.P. Peacock and Spike.

So sorry! I lost one of my older puffer fish last week and I am just heart broken! It's so hard to loose a good fish isn't it? Funny also how we get so attached to them.

• Rogue_Violetta
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

Thanks purple.

And sorry to hear about your puffer fish! They're amazing fish, I can understand why you're heartbroken.

I think we get attached to them, because they have their quirks, and personalities, and end up part of the family before you know it. And then, that part is lost, and well... /hugs

The following user(s) said Thank You: purplecandle

• Thank you received: 41

purplecandle replied the topic: R.I.P. Peacock and Spike.

Hugs back at you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rogue_Violetta

• Thank you received: 185

Lammergeier replied the topic: R.I.P. Peacock and Spike.

RIP little guys, but there are worse ways to go than death by snu snu.

• Rogue_Violetta
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

Thanks dude, lol. It was a bit hard to explain to a few people, so now, I'll just send them this thread as a link. ;)

I like to think they, uh, kinda shagged themselves to death, but I do hope one of them did not go for the gourami again...

• benmcfadden
  • Loose Lips Sink Ships
  • Thank you received: 877

benmcfadden replied the topic: Re:R.I.P. Peacock and Spike.

Sorry to hear that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haku, I knew your were good.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.423 seconds