Babies!

• Rogue_Violetta
  • Rogue_Violetta's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 25

Rogue_Violetta replied the topic: Babies!

Yes, they are sneaky indeed! I have to wait a bit to see if the father is one of my two, or stored from the LFS. Though one is now swimming laps trying to break the sound barrier, so it's a good chance the father is one of mine, lol.

Buckley and Murphy are the two from the lev treatment, and they're doing fine. They're happily eating finely crushed flakes, and are still in with the parents, in a little home made fry trap made from a container with bits cut out, and one of my stockings. They're not big enough to be out of the fry trap yet, and another lev treatment is due.

Copying the vids off my camera now, and then to youtube to upload them for you! Note- I do talk through it, and I was tired, so I probably sound like hell.

Keeper of the Food Pellets of Malekith the Never Accursed, Lover of Bubbles and Airstones, and Beloved of the Rogue Violetta.

Throw yourself in- use the wrong words, try different foods, kiss random fish. It's an adventure!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Rogue_Violetta
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

Rogue_Violetta replied the topic: Babies! (with video)

Here's the first vid I shot of the babies- it was taken when we'd only counted 8.

Hard to see, but you can see that Mum's doing fine as well.

Keeper of the Food Pellets of Malekith the Never Accursed, Lover of Bubbles and Airstones, and Beloved of the Rogue Violetta.

Throw yourself in- use the wrong words, try different foods, kiss random fish. It's an adventure!

• Thank you received: 196

UNC-CH replied the topic: Babies!

They're cute. It makes me wish my pregnant guppy had pulled through the callamanus and given birth. I've considered mating bettas but I'd still be left with the problem of what to do with them. :)

• benmcfadden
  • Loose Lips Sink Ships
  • Thank you received: 877

benmcfadden replied the topic: Babies!

congrats

Haku, I knew your were good.

• Rogue_Violetta
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

Rogue_Violetta replied the topic: Babies!

Thanks Ben. :)

UNC- I think breeding guppies is easier than bettas. Both genders get on well with their own gender for one. My mother's ex tried breeding bettas once. They all died. The longest surviving was a female with a mouth deformity, who killed her brothers to be the last. Knocked them off one at a time. I think she must have killed maybe 1/4 of them, thinking back. But I feel for ya.

Mr Rogue has been talking about having small fish in his tank, so he gets one gender of my guppies, minus ones I want to keep for myself. The tank with the lev treatment will be the boys tank, and eventually, the girls will go in my main tank, unless Mr Rogue wants them. I'm buying a tank from Lamm, so I'll have two tanks to keep everyone separate until they're all the right size. I don't plan on keeping them perpetually pregnant, lol.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds