white patch on my oscar!!:(

• gorgoroth
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Evil IT Administrator
  • Thank you received: 80

gorgoroth replied the topic: Re:white patch on my oscar!!:(

that is a lot of fish for a 30g, considering most of them will grow big enough to not be able to turn around in that size tank...
as previously stated you might want to read up on what oscars require before you go further into your adventure as an aquarium keeper.

160 gallon south american
190 gallon malawi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: white patch on my oscar!!:(

That looks like a bite/abrasion that got infected.......here's the thing.....it will not get better unless you re-home everything else...you have far too many fish in a tiny 30GL aquarium, which is why he also has a very good case of fin rot, & necrotic tissue on the fins. 30GL is insufficient for a single specimen of any of the species you currently have...& goldfish, which are carp & a cold-water species, do not belong w/ tropical species. I'm not sure who advised you that this would work for any length of time, but I would steer clear of them........they don't understand basic fishkeeping principles, which is why that Oscar looks the way he does.

You should change 75% of that water every day...along w/ the use of a high quality de-chloorinator

If you're not going to get a bigger tank tomorrow, on the order of 150GL or bigger, you will have to re-home everything & start thinking community tank (tetras, barbs, etc). You simply are not set up for the fish you have.

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds