Rescue Fish?

• Lammergeier
  • Lammergeier's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 185

Lammergeier replied the topic: Re:Rescue Fish?

Just put a bit of bio media from the canister into the new filter. It'll speed up the cycle by quite a bit. Hell, I can nab a handful of bio from one of the filters here and bring it out if you want.

I think I may just make a new thread once we've narrowed the options down. Hopefully get some more opinions that way.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Rogue_Violetta
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 25

Rogue_Violetta replied the topic: Re:Rescue Fish?

/nods.

M's getting my filter, it's really for the others. I might even be super nice to them later, and handfeed some bloodworms. That is, if Rose doesn't kill anyone this time.

New thread might be a good idea. Depends on Mr Lamm though, really. :P

Maybe also a thread on rescued fish, and how they've come along too? Would certainly be interesting to see what others have done, and Adie would already have her place in there :D

Keeper of the Food Pellets of Malekith the Never Accursed, Lover of Bubbles and Airstones, and Beloved of the Rogue Violetta.

Throw yourself in- use the wrong words, try different foods, kiss random fish. It's an adventure!

• Lammergeier
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

What a goddamn f****** disaster.

Been contacted by someone with a female jag for $30 - said I could pick her up Tuesday but needed a pic to confirm she was female. Seller gets flaky and gives random half-assed excuses about not being able to send a pic. Call her last night, say outright - no pic, no purchase, and no I will not buy your overstocked, underfiltered 6ft tank with a flowerhorn (amongst everything else) for $1000. Made it clear I *just* wanted the jag.

Get a text this morning saying the jag had it's jaw ripped off by the flowerhorn last night. I'm thinking she'd been dead for a few days and the seller just saw the opportunity to try and get rid of everything else but I am totally bummed out right now. Even had a name for her.

• Thank you received: 32

Bri B replied the topic: Re:Rescue Fish?

Damn sorry Lamm that's terrible. Highly commend you on what you are attempting to tho for sure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lammergeier

• Lammergeier
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

Thanks Bri.

The Freddy lead seems to be heading the same way. More than willing to send pics of their 30cm+ male jag (no, not going to happen - I could squeeze a male jag in somewhere but it would have to be a smaller one than that), but has given excuse after excuse to not send pics of the Freddy for 3 - 4 days now. Now the guy's trying to palm off his breeding pair of oscars and is dodging q's about the Freddy.

You would think these folks would be bending over backwards to give the fish they can't afford/properly care for to a good owner. Apparently not tho. Can't say I'm surprised tho since a huge percent of people just suck at life.

• Lammergeier
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

I really try not to be too... cynical, when it comes to others... But I fail - completely. You're totally right.

But honestly, these people don't care that they're treating them badly. They see them as an opportunity to make some quick $$ and not much more. Going to have to practice my poker face if I ever meet any of these people face-to-face.

Well I know that whatever fish you end up rescuing is going to do a complete 180 on his or her health and happiness.

• Lammergeier
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

I hope so, but these fish I've been chasing up are in such horrible condition that they'd be better off even if they were shipped off to a LFS somewhere.

We'll see what happens. I had a lot of success with my sev (Adie - leftpost pic in my sig). She was in horrendous condition when I got her but you'd never know it, looking at her now. Only lasting effects she has are three scars on her left side.

• Rogue_Violetta
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 25

Rogue_Violetta replied the topic: Re:Rescue Fish?

You know how I tend to try and see the good in people, or the best in them?

This is kinda why. If I didn't, I'd probably become a negative, cynical b!tch, lol. Kinda like that saying, "If I don't laugh, I'll cry.".

I do sometimes cry.

But it damn sucks about that female, dude. I know the name you had picked, and you've had that name picked for so long... ugh sometimes people make me want to, I dunno, I can't really get it out, and my best saying might offend over half of this board, lol. The one with the rake.

/big hugs.

Keeper of the Food Pellets of Malekith the Never Accursed, Lover of Bubbles and Airstones, and Beloved of the Rogue Violetta.

Throw yourself in- use the wrong words, try different foods, kiss random fish. It's an adventure!

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds