Picture backgrounds, cheesy or not?

• DMD123
  • DMD123's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 187

DMD123 replied the topic: Re:Picture backgrounds, cheesy or not?

3xzsucof wrote: fade from black on the bottom to dark blue up top, should create more depth.

I like that one but have not seen it available for sale at any of the stores I frequent.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 171

robham7770 replied the topic: Re:Picture backgrounds, cheesy or not?

DMD123 wrote:

robham7770 wrote: you can put disney figurines in there, and I would never fault you on it.,

:laugh: Will do! Is it okay to mix Little Mermaid and Finding Nemo?

I bought the one I pictured along with one called underwater cave which they dont have a pic of on their website. Im leaning toward underwater cave but my light sand just seems to throw it off.

My kids would say that you also need some Frozen stuff, but I think that is bad karma for a tropical tank. My proud to be a geek 10yr old daughter is begging me to put a Tardis or Dalek figure in a tank. Who do you think should get that?

• DMD123
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

DMD123 replied the topic: Picture backgrounds, cheesy or not?

My kid is 24 and been out of the house for years now, but I love movies and home theater so yes I watch cartoons... but have not seen Frozen yet. Likely due to the fact I cant stand the song from it. :laugh:

A Dr. Who themed tank would be cool!

• Thank you received: 16

Nyx replied the topic: Picture backgrounds, cheesy or not?

DMD123 wrote: Just to clarify, I want a natural look like this one from Petsmart

Lol wow, I literally JUST ordered that one this afternoon. I liked the look of it and it's suppoed to come with some adhesive for it as well. I'll have to try and remember to let you know how it looks when I get it. Idk if I'm going to attach it right away, I may need a new 75 first.

• DMD123
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

Nyx wrote: Lol wow, I literally JUST ordered that one this afternoon. I liked the look of it and it's suppoed to come with some adhesive for it as well. I'll have to try and remember to let you know how it looks when I get it. Idk if I'm going to attach it right away, I may need a new 75 first.

I went ahead and bought it, I have the other side on my 40B and forgot about this side.

So I am trying to figure out if I am doing this one or the cave one. The cave one is cool because, if trimmed it almost has a blackwater effect. Kind of like a slice of the Amazon.

• Thank you received: 16

Nyx replied the topic: Picture backgrounds, cheesy or not?

The cave one sounds cool too. I ordered the one I did because I thought it matched the decor the best. This is the first background I've had on a tank in years. If you get yours on soon could you post some pics of them so we can see how they turned out?

• DMD123
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

Will try and get to it this weekend. The cave background is a 'cling' and is twice as much as the regular. It was like $23 instead of $12 for the one to fit the 75g

• Thank you received: 160

Poseidon2.0 replied the topic: Picture backgrounds, cheesy or not?

I think it was PurpleCandle who suggested that spreading a bit of olive oil on the glass and/or the back-drop before attaching it will eliminate any air bubbles that might occur on the photo backdrops.

That said, I typically go for the painted background with solid colors or nothing at all.

• Rogue_Violetta
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 25

Rogue_Violetta replied the topic: Picture backgrounds, cheesy or not?

DMD123 wrote: My kid is 24 and been out of the house for years now, but I love movies and home theater so yes I watch cartoons... but have not seen Frozen yet. Likely due to the fact I cant stand the song from it. :laugh:

A Dr. Who themed tank would be cool!

I've been thinking of doing that! At the very least, I'd love a TARDIS in there. It'd have to be tall enough for my loaches to swim in and out of though.

Another problem with a TARDIS in the tank, is the water volume. That's a lot of water, with that 'bigger on the inside' stuff and all... ;)

I generally don't do backgrounds, but mostly because I can't find one I actually like, or because they're against a wall anyway. My loaches actually have a thing for light, so blocking their little bit of sunlight would cause lots of pouting, lol. I'm not kidding.

I'm probably going to have to do something with my 6x2x2, but I'm not sure what. Might just go a plain black background or something.

Keeper of the Food Pellets of Malekith the Never Accursed, Lover of Bubbles and Airstones, and Beloved of the Rogue Violetta.

Throw yourself in- use the wrong words, try different foods, kiss random fish. It's an adventure!

• DMD123
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

So this is the background I am going to use. This is a picture from the box and it is about the size of a business card so not the best representation. I will likely have to trim off about 3" which I thought I would do off the top to get rid of the 'cave' part of it.

I would have taken a picture of the real background but it is a cling and it is placed colored sign down on a removable paper. It kind of reminds me of putting on window film. Thankfully this has a satisfaction guarantee so if I try and install and its a flop, it will go back for a refund. I think this will capture the dark Amazon water look that I want to achieve.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds