What to choose - Severums or JD + Robertsoni

• Lammergeier
  • Lammergeier's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 185

Lammergeier replied the topic: Re:What to choose - Severums or JD + Robertsoni

@Rob: I appreciate the kind words, and I did think you were referring to all previously owned fish, not just fish in well this condition, so I'm truly sorry for misinterpreting you like that. I really do see where you're coming from though and it's good to hear a different perspective. Gives me something to think about whether I'm really directing the resources at my disposal to something worthwhile or not. I do have something amazing in the pipeline as well but I'm keeping it under wraps for now ;) (Ben shhhhhhh). But yeah, I really do see your point. Perhaps I'd be better off letting these two go for something else down the track.

That's another reason why I made this thread - to get opinions on whether there's any real likelihood that these fish are worth putting the time and effort into rehabilitating or not.

Edit: Sevs are looking to win unless anyone has something else to add. The main deciding point is probably the high chance of having to separate the JD/Robertsoni. If I can't keep them together then I will have to rehome one, and then it's a choice between 1 fish or 2 fish and the sevs will win that round.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 171

robham7770 replied the topic: Re:What to choose - Severums or JD + Robertsoni

I have been thinking about this issue since I first posted on the thread, which is no easy task for me. I thought about all the amazing fish we see here week after week that could have been easily saved by a few simple wc's a little sooner. How people get fish the size and age they do without doing the basics is a mystery to me. All those fish had great genetics, and were fighters. Regardless of species if you find one to save, that is well worth it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lammergeier

• Lammergeier
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

I don't really know what to say, except thanks. It means a lot to hear something like that. You've given me a lot to think about as well, if I'm honest.

• Rogue_Violetta
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 25

Rogue_Violetta replied the topic: Re:What to choose - Severums or JD + Robertsoni

I know you're worried about the sevs being so far away. How much is that influencing your position? Because they're nice enough looking sevs. But I think the other two are more eye catching. But you've already done a rescue on a sev before, so are more prepared with what to expect. But the other two, may just need rescuing from their tankmates.

It's a tough decision. If I were you, I may actually go with the JD/Robertsoni >.< Just because I love the look more, but I do love Adie dearly, she's just adorable!

Keeper of the Food Pellets of Malekith the Never Accursed, Lover of Bubbles and Airstones, and Beloved of the Rogue Violetta.

Throw yourself in- use the wrong words, try different foods, kiss random fish. It's an adventure!

• Lammergeier
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

Going for the severums, not the JD/Robertsoni. The decider really is the likelihood that they won't be able to coexist, and due to other... arrangements I just cannot set up another tank after this I don't think. At least, I'd have to get things set up for a few weeks before I could make the call that I could take on one more fish. Reading up it seems as though Robertsoni are quite passive, but I know that JDs are always a crapshoot and the largest tank I could provide for them would have a 4ft footprint which would just be asking for trouble. The Robertsoni alone might work. If it still hasn't been sold when everything else is setup I might look into it.

Additionally... well, as Ben can attest I've been bouncing back and forth about those sevs for a while now and I just can't say no to them. I've left the door open to revisit the JD/Robertsoni should the sevs either not survive, or not work out for whatever reason.

So yeah, thanks for the help everybody!

• Lammergeier
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

Ah, well, s***. The 4x2 + sump's seal went kablammo tonight... and by kablammo I mean it started lifting in a corner (so maybe not quite kablammo :pinch:) however it does mean that the sevs will have to go on the back burner until I can get a tank sorted for them. Boo. Re-sealing is an option but I won't be able to pick them up for at least 2 weeks from now if I didn't do it this weekend (and the silicone takes a week to seal). Only had the budget for 2 new tanks too at the moment.

I emailed the guy to let him know, but I can't get him to hold them for me for potentially 3 - 4 weeks which is what I'll need if we go for a new tank. Sorry sevs :( hopefully either someone buys them or they hold out that long.

• Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:What to choose - Severums or JD + Robertsoni

Sorry lamm

• Lammergeier
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

Thanks Frank. Can't win them all, sadly. I'll just have to wait and see what happens over the next few weeks.

• Thank you received: 160

Poseidon2.0 replied the topic: Re:What to choose - Severums or JD + Robertsoni

That sucks. Too bad. Was looking forward to seeing them. You are right, though. You can't win them all. With any luck they will still be around for a month or so or taken to a better home by someone else.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds