What is your favorite?

• robham7770
  • robham7770's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 171

robham7770 replied the topic: What is your favorite?

I have come to embrace the idea of one tank, one fish. My plan is to get at that level of stocking very soon. I wish Frank the best in his community set up, but I don't want the headache. I don't want to get rid of anybody, but the work load is a little overwhelming, and I am not doing any of my fish justice by just scraping by.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 218

DBLN8 replied the topic: What is your favorite?

Many years ago I had 11-12 tanks going some where in the realm of a 1000gls it drove me away from the hobby for a year or 2, I spent more time cleaning tanks than I did enjoying them. I now have 4 tanks with under 400gls and they don't get in the way of "life" which IMO make's the hobby much more enjoyable for me.

As far as my favorite it would have been Chauncey :( now it's a toss up between Max (Oscar) and the Carpintis (Samson & Delilah)

• Thank you received: 253

DRACO replied the topic: What is your favorite?

losing 3 full grown oscars, a 28"silver aro, 34"gator, and a dog in succession, i think i can let go all of my fish now.... except with my Huge Flowerhorn... remember, previously i don't have any attachment with my fish... i can take them down anytime without hesitation.

having 11 tanks (3 x 75 gal)+ (3 x55 gal) + (1 x 350 gal)+ (1 x 220 gal)+ (3 x 35 gal), i can do water change in an hour @50% each...

• Thank you received: 185

Lammergeier replied the topic: What is your favorite?

Poor Chauncey :( He really was just an amazing example of a red DBLN.

@Rob: I can understand that. My only 'community' set up has one O, one sev and 9 SDs. I wish Frank the best of luck too but I get stressed just reading his threads about the compatibility issues there. One tank - one fish is definitely what I think I'll be doing in the future (dithers possibly excepted).
The following user(s) said Thank You: DBLN8

• Thank you received: 187

DMD123 replied the topic: What is your favorite?

robham7770 wrote:

DMD123 wrote: Ive played out the scenario, if I had to downsize I would likely mean my 210g (and Porkchop) would have to go and possibly my 72g bow. So it would mean Scruffy the hairy puffer would be my keeper.

Pics of the puffer please. I tried a bumble bee a while back, and he was an amazing fish. He had amazing personality, and I would definitely be interested in a similar fish.

He likes to puff :laugh:

• Thank you received: 160

Poseidon2.0 replied the topic: What is your favorite?

This is a tough question. My favorite tank to look at is my 125 with Poseidon, Severus, and Mr. P. But I guess if push came to shove I would chose Darth Vader as my favorite single fish.

But we'll see. My nanoluteus and panamensis are really starting to grow on me! :lol:

• Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:What is your favorite?

Great thread rob...this is a tough question especially for me since the only fish that are really mine and that I picked all by myself like a big boy is zeus and the gold nugget pleco he shares his tank with. To be honest hulk really is starting to grow on me he is such a chicken s*** that its almost funny. That being said I know this is gonna sound crazy but it would be between dory and zeus. I really dont think I am gonna be able to rehome her. I want my son to be happy since he loves hulk and said he would get rid of every fish to make hulk feel safe lol but I beleive that if I move things around and remove the hrp the aggression can be manageable instead of two fish harassing him just one. I genuinely love that fish (dory) meatae arent too common matter of fact pretty sure there are only a couple of contacts to get them. Ahh we'll see. I know zeus pics are nice but they just dont capture the pearly sheen he has I advise anyone who has a spare tank to get an argentea uber confident and maybe outright mean but beatiful.....so after my rambling is a tie between dory and zeus.

I like 1 cichlid set ups when we're dealing with a really large or really aggressive fish but communities imo are soo much more enjoyable. Watching how thye interact is more entertaining than t.v. before I added hulk things were cool I just need to tweak things
..rob thanks for feeling my pain lol !

• Thank you received: 158

Goranothos replied the topic: What is your favorite?

DMD123 wrote:

robham7770 wrote:

DMD123 wrote: Ive played out the scenario, if I had to downsize I would likely mean my 210g (and Porkchop) would have to go and possibly my 72g bow. So it would mean Scruffy the hairy puffer would be my keeper.

Pics of the puffer please. I tried a bumble bee a while back, and he was an amazing fish. He had amazing personality, and I would definitely be interested in a similar fish.

He likes to puff :laugh:

But does he inhale?

Great looking Puffer!!

My favorite fish right now is, by far, Fred (my O). He (she?) is a member of our family. Begs for food every time he sees us. Allows us to pet him. Second favorite is Bam-Bam, our Pleco, just due to the sheer amount of cleaning he does. Bam-Bam deserves every pleco pellet and zucchini slice he gets.

“Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.” -Mike Tyson

• Thank you received: 187

DMD123 replied the topic: What is your favorite?

Goranothos wrote:
But does he inhale?

Great looking Puffer!!

:laugh: No he is a good puffer and does not inhale. :whistle:

• robham7770
  • robham7770's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 171

robham7770 replied the topic: What is your favorite?

I think that is one super cool fish you have there Dmd! I can see why you would have a hard time parting with it. That is such a great photo Pork chop, I couldn't imagine getting rid of that one either.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds