What if you had no Oscar?

• Thank you received: 15

LeafsFan replied the topic: What if you had no Oscar?

I want every type of fish I see but I would be torn between an Oscar and a Midas or another central american cichlid.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:What if you had no Oscar?

D i kind of like it better with out the o gave me a chance to own other fish oscars are great but just too many other great species. I like rocksors idea of a low maintenance heaterless tank. I would go for a ca. Freddy are cool. I forgot if it was cichlidconnection or cuchlids of the americas....one of them has the marbled ferns. Grammodes cool to.

• DMD123
  • DMD123's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 187

DMD123 replied the topic: What if you had no Oscar?

Ive had the red head/blue fens before and would want something different that I had not owned for that long or have never owned. That list is surprisingly small as I went through a long line of fish after I lost my midas. I absolutely love the fish in the amphilopus family but to find the one right wet pet is kind of difficult. I could never get another midas since i lost one that I was very attached to so maybe a trimac, or I have my friend who has F1 red devils...

• Thank you received: 160

Poseidon2.0 replied the topic: Re:What if you had no Oscar?

daddadoo7 wrote: D i kind of like it better with out the o gave me a chance to own other fish oscars are great but just too many other great species. I like rocksors idea of a low maintenance heaterless tank. I would go for a ca. Freddy are cool. I forgot if it was cichlidconnection or cuchlids of the americas....one of them has the marbled ferns. Grammodes cool to.

Ha. So many regulars on this site are thinking about and/or have gotten rid of their Os!! Stop this right now!!! This site is called "Oscarfishlovers". :whistle:

Don't worry, I am not that serious. . . . . or am I? . . . . :lol:

Ben i feel soon you will get the ca itch....starts small little cyrptoheros....lol j/k

cichlasoma ornatum ?

• Thank you received: 171

robham7770 replied the topic: What if you had no Oscar?

P. polleni or P. bleekeri are on my list, I see them from time to time at my lfs, but I can't seem to find a good profile on the bleekeri. If they have similar temp requirements, then next one I see is coming home.

• DMD123
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

DMD123 replied the topic: What if you had no Oscar?

Poseidon2.0 wrote: Have you considered contacting Rapps to see if he has encountered this disease before? Maybe it is something genetic with his stock? (though nothing like this has happened with Darth Vader so far).

ETA: in the event you put chunk down, you might consider a tank of Cryptoheros, they are pretty awesome so far.

I have not contacted rapps on the subject. With previous conversations I know these are not his fish but raised elsewhere form his original stock and brought in for sale.

I would not be putting Chunk down. Rather an experienced fish keeping friend (Shawn Armentrout on the YouTube vids) offered to take him and try to heal him if I got to the point where I could not do it anymore. The only catch was that he got to keep the fish if he healed it. I honestly would be fine with that. I have at least $200 in meds on this fish already and just not seeing a light at the end of the tunnel.

As to Cryptoheros, not sure if I would want fish that small. I might consider something in the size of a Cuban or Grammode for the 75g

• DMD123
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder

DMD123 replied the topic: Re:What if you had no Oscar?

Poseidon2.0 wrote: Ha. So many regulars on this site are thinking about and/or have gotten rid of their Os!! Stop this right now!!! This site is called "Oscarfishlovers". :whistle:

Don't worry, I am not that serious. . . . . or am I? . . . . :lol:

Well I have just started in on my evil plan to have everyone get pearsei and we will start up a site called 'Pearseifishlovers' (insert evil laugh here)

Large herbivorous fish rule! :laugh:

• Thank you received: 185

Lammergeier replied the topic: What if you had no Oscar?

Boring answer: If didn't have Henry I'd probably just move the jag to their 6x2 and put Adie and her SD underlings in the 5ft. She's too much of a b**** to trust her with any cichlid smaller than her.

Fun answer: TRIMAC. Also want a Pearsei. There was a Bocourti pair I saw that looked amazing, Dovii... N. Haitiensis would be cool too. I'd be tempted to get a pure Midas but I have enough Midevil/RD mutts to last a lifetime and a half atm.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds