• OFL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: Re:List of Restricted Species in Various Countries

johnnyphoenix wrote:

So Essentially:
--'They can't be reasoned with...can't be bargained with...they don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear, and they absolutely WILL not stop, until you are dead.'
lol

The Snakeheads Motto: I'll Be Back :-)

But still, I just do NOT understand how or why someone can purchase that type of fish and not understand or respect it.

Because people normally buy these things as little babies, not when they are 2 foot long with teeth that would make a tiger look tame. And as I can say for sure, a lot of people only do their research after they have brought the fish

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• johnnyphoenix
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 24

johnnyphoenix replied the topic: Re:List of Restricted Species in Various Countries

OFL wrote:

johnnyphoenix wrote:

So Essentially:
--'They can't be reasoned with...can't be bargained with...they don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear, and they absolutely WILL not stop, until you are dead.'
lol

The Snakeheads Motto: I'll Be Back :-)

But still, I just do NOT understand how or why someone can purchase that type of fish and not understand or respect it.

Because people normally buy these things as little babies, not when they are 2 foot long with teeth that would make a tiger look tame. And as I can say for sure, a lot of people only do their research after they have brought the fish

Yeah, it's really not surprising at all.

• OFL
  • OFL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: Re:List of Restricted Species in Various Countries

We can only try and educate people and hope they find this website before actually buying large fish. I think I will change the poll and try and get an inkling of how many people keep their Oscar in a tank smaller than 75 gallons, that will be interesting. Just hope people are honest

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• Thank you received: 0

rumncoke0482 replied the topic: Re:List of Restricted Species in Various Countries

oh man i cant believe the frehwater stingray is in the ban list for az (cry) i so my wish of moving there to be around my fam is gone now lol they have a too big of a list of bans on my fav fish. but hey colorado doesnt have such a bad list. woohoo cause i have m dream tank is a discus arawana and sting rays and the one i have seen is like ridiculous its huge and just looks so amazing like a lil kid could swim in it its that big

I have lost my mind be back when I find it, maybe.

• Thank you received: 0

uztadzmalek replied the topic: Re:List of Restricted Species in Various Countries

i think the only fish banned here in my country is piranha but still you can get in the black market.

live and let live

• Nina_W
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Waterchange Warrior
  • Thank you received: 345

Nina_W replied the topic: Re:List of Restricted Species in Various Countries

• Rogue_Violetta
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 25

Rogue_Violetta replied the topic: Re:List of Restricted Species in Various Countries

OFL wrote: johnnyphoenix wrote:

It's like puppies, they're so cute when they're little, but then they grow up, and a walk around the block isn't enough anymore.

Also, tilapia's are illegal in Australia. If you're out fishing and catch one, you can't throw it back. There's also a large fine for keeping one without a special permit (which, undoubtedly, costs a lot of money to get, and has to have a darn good reason for keeping).

Keeper of the Food Pellets of Malekith the Never Accursed, Lover of Bubbles and Airstones, and Beloved of the Rogue Violetta.

Throw yourself in- use the wrong words, try different foods, kiss random fish. It's an adventure!

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds