food fo clown loach

• jet
  • jet's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

jet created the topic: food fo clown loach

hi apart from sinking wafers for the clown loach wat else can i feed them as id like to give them more variety im new to these fish and ive just got a few they are around 2 inches long :unsure: julie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 415

OFL replied the topic: Re:food fo clown loach

Clown Loachs love loads of other food. I absolutely adore bloodworm. They will eat shrimp, mealworms, kril, just about anything actually. They are also partial to cucumber. I tend to feed mine on pellets and bloodworm with mealworms when I've got them. They also come to the surface and take pellets intended for the Oscars. Just remember that they have not got very big mouths, so don't give really big food

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• Thank you received: 37

delboybully replied the topic: Re:food fo clown loach

If you watch the clown loaches, they will eat the little bits of pellets that your oscar spit out thro their gills. In addition to what OFL says you can buy catfish pellets, they are small enough and sink so your oscar wont eat them all. Mine also eat maggots or small pieces of worms

A shop close to me puts shelled prawns in sometimes and the loaches all nibble at them however this wont work if you have oscars as they will eat the prawns. If you ever are unfortunate to have a fish die loaches will nibble at it

In short clown loaches will eat anything, you just have to make sure your oscars dont eat all the food

I can't get no sleep

• jet
  • jet's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

jet replied the topic: Re:food fo clown loach

wow i didnt think they would have ate all those different things thats brilliant thanks a lot guys :) julie

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds