My 20 gallon tank

• OFL
  • OFL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL created the topic: My 20 gallon tank

I've had my 20 gallon tank up and running for a couple of months now and it is looking fantastic. The plants are doing really well which has really surprised me. I've got two albino corys, three cardinal tetras, to bristlenose catfish, one Loach, looks a little bit like a Pakistani Loach but the markings aren't quite the same. And I've got my Gold nugget pleco in there as well, this however will be transferred into the big tank when it grows a little

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

metoo replied the topic: Re:My 20 gallon tank

Very nice setup and fish Penn!

And the plants are looking really good, mine mostly have some stuff or a bit of algae on them. Do you add any fertilizer (sp.)? I never do but thinking at times I should.

That the bristlenose plecos on the filter? The lower one looks so tiny still, cute :)

If I were a guy, I\'d have probably needed only 30% of the amount of words to say this

• Verse34K
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • ?????????????
  • Thank you received: 2

Verse34K replied the topic: Re:My 20 gallon tank

Very nice tank Penn:)

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL

OFL replied the topic: Re:My 20 gallon tank

I don't put any fertiliser in the tank. I leave the lights on all day which I think is why the plants are doing really well. Don't get problem with algae either, mind you, the two little bristlenose catfish have really cleaned up some of the algae that was growing on the plants. Under close inspection this evening, I did notice that the cardinal tetras have got white spot which is a bit of a bummer. So I whacked the heater up and hopefully that will take care of. I think I got some white spot treatment somewhere to put some in later

Lol that about the bristlenose catfish reminds me how I had them with amazon swords in a tank once, and they did a really good job on cleaning up the algae on the plants, and also on cleaning up the plants along with it. Nowadays they are lazy though.

Bugger about the ich but I'm sure you'll take care of it in no time. Glad it's not the loach.

If I were a guy, I\'d have probably needed only 30% of the amount of words to say this

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL

OFL replied the topic: Re:My 20 gallon tank

I can't for life of me understand why haven't seen the gold nugget pleco for three days now. It must be hiding away, unless it has snuffed it somewhere in the tank. Better not have, the little critter cost me an arm and a leg. I have turned the temperature up so hopefully that will clear the fish

Just curious: Have you seen the gold nugget pleco again meanwhile?

EDIT: OK, I found out that question is obsolete :(

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds