Anyone keeping roseline sharks?

• metoo
  • metoo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

metoo created the topic: Anyone keeping roseline sharks?

I went to an lps the other day (big mistake!) to get one thing and went out with loads of fish food additionally, plus 5 young roseline sharks.

Since the Oscar and some of the other fish moved into the bigger tank, my 66 gal became all boring. Like basically the 3 CA cichlids sitting in their fav caves most of the time peeking out, and the small catfishes not seen much anyway. Only active fish in there was the rainbow shark. So I had been thinking about adding a group of community fish to liven it up a bit. Not too big and not too small, and I wanted a group of something so the aggression of the rainbow shark would be spread. I must have gone nuts though, I was really afraid I bought the most expensive snack for my cichlids ever yet. But so far they are still fine.

I didn't know a thing about them except for what I could find in a book at the shop. From what I read up afterwards they don't seem to be too picky besides liking cooler temp (mine's at 24C) and thus needing the water well oxygenated. Anyone having experience with them?

If I were a guy, I\'d have probably needed only 30% of the amount of words to say this

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

timskie replied the topic: Re:Anyone keeping roseline sharks?

None at all but if you can please post some pics.:)

• metoo
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

metoo replied the topic: Re:Anyone keeping roseline sharks?

Hahaha, that kinda sounds like what I always say :lol:

The only special thing about them is the price, I think. The bigger ones I had seen were really pretty though, mine are only like 2" now and not very impressive ... that red line is so intense though it seems to be glowing almost. They just had the right adult size regarding what I was looking for.

I absolutely suck at taking photos, tried it for myself already with these (so I can look at all my fishies when at the PC), but couldn't come up with anything presentable - they are always in motion as well. So take this :P

If I were a guy, I\'d have probably needed only 30% of the amount of words to say this
Attachments:

Vbaby replied the topic: Re:Anyone keeping roseline sharks?

really nice glow on it

DONT BUY ON IMPULSE DO SUM HOMEWORK FIRST

timskie replied the topic: Re:Anyone keeping roseline sharks?

are they also known as red line torpedo barbs?

• metoo
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

Yes, those. I came across half a dozen names for them, so I picked the shortest one.

• Thank you received: 60

MetalHead88 replied the topic: Re:Anyone keeping roseline sharks?

i like them actually ive never seen them before. how expensive were they?

• metoo
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

One of the 2-inchers was like 15 Euro, think I got all 5 for 70. The bigger ones would've been double that price. I should have tried to get bigger ones though, meanwhile someone in the tank made two fo them magically disappear, so it wasn't a save really.
As I understand it, they were described long ago but became available in shops in the past years only, meanwhile being bred in Thailand or so. They're quite undemanding, peaceful barbs.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds