Seachem Paraguard

• Jaket808
  • Jaket808's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2

Jaket808 created the topic: Seachem Paraguard

So my clown fish in my FOWLR tank got ick about a month ago. I bought all kinds of ick medications. I saw paraguard made by seachem and decided to give it a go. After first hospitalizing my clown I then followed the daily dosage directions. 1 capful to 10 gallons of water. My hospital is a 14 which is perfect for saltwater. As you don't want to over due meds with most saltwater fish. The nice thing about this product is that is a broad spectrum medication it takes care of parasites, fungus, bacterial and viral or at least is supposed to. Also you don't have to remove the meds with carbon as it will just dissipate after 24 hours. Of course a 25% water change every 3 days is recommended but something has to be said for not having to change carbon after every dosage. After a week all the lesions from him rubbing on the substrate were gone, all the ick was gone. He was a much happier and healthier clown. Recently I had a gourami with some kind of bacterial infection. Rather than dosing with maracyn I opted to try the seachem paraguard as a dip. I did two 1 hour dips as directed 1 a day and by the third day the infection had ceased. Also the plus is even though the meds are blue they will not stain your silicone or plastics like other medications with malachite green. I recommend this product.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JasonR
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hey man...Got a light?
  • Thank you received: 452

JasonR replied the topic: Re: Seachem Paraguard

Nice review. Sounds like a good product. :)

Being that its also an anti bacterial do u know or did it say if it will affect the beneficial bacteria in your filters?

• Jaket808
  • Jaket808's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2

Jaket808 replied the topic: Re: Seachem Paraguard

Good question Jason. No it doesnt not affect your biological filters which is nice. In my hospital tank I have a marineland 100 thats been cycled in my fowlr nano. I don't like to dose the whole tank unless needed as its a large ammount of meds and some fish are alot more sensitive to it than others although I have not noticed any ill effects on any of my fish. Also it is recomended that you turn off an ozone or uv filtration while using this product as it can convert some of the chemicals into chemicals that are harmful to fish.

• Thank you received: 187

DMD123 replied the topic: Re: Seachem Paraguard

Nice review

Ive used the product before (freshwater) at very light concentration levels with newly purchased fish with a very light case of Ich. Worked great and does not wipe out your biological system.

More info from Seachem: www.seachem.com/Products/product_pages/ParaGuard.html

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds