Top Fin alge magnets

• Mr Cracker
  • Mr Cracker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Mr Cracker created the topic: Top Fin alge magnets

All I can say is the r&r development team at Top Fin blew it on this one.

The largest sized Top Fin algea magnet to be specific.
1- It removes algea just fine.
2- It has a big handle to help you maniplulate them well.
3- The inside magnet has a low profile so you can get into the tight spots.

What they totaly blew it on is the stupid thing doesn't float. If you move to quick and lose magnetic contact your swimming to get the stupid magnet off the bottom. For small tanks this would not be that big of a deal. BUT THIS MAGNET IS SUPOSED TO BE FOR LARGE TANKS. All they needed to do is put a small air pocket into it so it floats.
Knuckle heads......

Steve, 38, U.S.A. Pheonix Az.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: Re:Top Fin alge magnets

I have got one just like that, it has got these vicious blades on it. The bloody thing will take your finger off if you're not careful, it is so incredibly strong, and needs to be to remove the toughest of algae which it does.. This one doesn't float either, I think the problem is, it's so full of magnet, it will never float unless they put plenty of buoyancy on it which would make it huge. Mind you, they wouldn't hurt if it was quite big. I know what you mean though, my new tank is so high, you'd literally have to get inside the tank to retrieve it.

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• Verse34K
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • ?????????????
  • Thank you received: 2

Verse34K replied the topic: Re:Top Fin alge magnets

Mine are quite small, so I have three for my 90 gallon tank:lol:

• MNeilssen
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Keeping fish all my life. 5 years with Oscars.

MNeilssen replied the topic: Re:Top Fin alge magnets

I use the "Mag-Float" algae scraper. It floats but has not have a handle to control it. They come in many sizes, this biggest one being for 350 gallon aquariums. This didn't really matter to me when I bought mine. I figured bigger was better and that since the 350 one was the biggest it would make the quickest work of all my aquariums. Wrong, that thing is extremely powerful. I had trouble moving it one my smaller aqauriums, 55gal 37gal and 29 gal, because their glass is so thin. Eventually the felt on the outside piece started coming off, exposing the hard plastic on the controller side. The rough edges were enough to leave minute scratchs in the outside of my aquarium glass.

Keeping fish is only as hard as you choose to make it.

• Thank you received: 37

delboybully replied the topic: Re:Top Fin alge magnets

The algae cleaner i have is the mag float one. I dont have to use it much as i have a plec. However it only gets rid of normal algea. Ever so often i get this tuff stuff that i can only get of easy with a razor blade so i am interested in these magnets that have blades. What are they like and the name is Top fin right??? What do they cost? I am in UK

I can't get no sleep

WesleyByrd replied the topic: Top Fin alge magnets

I take advantage of this "Mag-Float" algae scraper. That floats yet haven't possess a handle to overpower the item. They come in quite a few dimensions, this most significant a single getting intended for 350 gallon aquariums. That did not actually issue to me once i acquired acquire. My partner and i figured greater was superior and this because 350 a single was the greatest it will help make this speediest operate of most my own aquariums. Inappropriate, that will thing is incredibly effective. I had problems relocating the item a single my own small aqauriums, 55gal 37gal as well as 28 woman, simply because the wine glass is so lean. Sooner or later this sensed on the exterior piece started off returning off of, revealing this difficult plastic-type within the controller part. This rough ends have been ample to depart moment scratchs in the outside my own fish tank wine glass.

NoorAlamShahzad

• Thank you received: 195

jmunroe replied the topic: Re:Top Fin alge magnets

And this wine glass..... It has an Oscar....and too much algae. Welcome to OFL. Please start an introduction thread of your own and tell us about yourself and your setup.

Go do a water change - the solution to pollution is dilution.

• Thank you received: 218

DBLN8 replied the topic: Top Fin alge magnets

WTF?

WesleyByrd wrote: I take advantage of this "Mag-Float" algae scraper. That floats yet haven't possess a handle to overpower the item. They come in quite a few dimensions, this most significant a single getting intended for 350 gallon aquariums. That did not actually issue to me once i acquired acquire. My partner and i figured greater was superior and this because 350 a single was the greatest it will help make this speediest operate of most my own aquariums. Inappropriate, that will thing is incredibly effective. I had problems relocating the item a single my own small aqauriums, 55gal 37gal as well as 28 woman, simply because the wine glass is so lean. Sooner or later this sensed on the exterior piece started off returning off of, revealing this difficult plastic-type within the controller part. This rough ends have been ample to depart moment scratchs in the outside my own fish tank wine glass.

NoorAlamShahzad

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Top Fin alge magnets

When you get nonsense jibber jabber guggledy mook.....that's the sign of a computer generated spammer.

And now, I shall unleash the Power of The Dark Side....... :evil:

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds