Members Local fish stores. Good ones and bad ones.

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: Re:Members Local fish stores. Good ones and bad ones.

Yes, I'm actually in Brixham which is right next to Paignton. And I do know Barton Pines, it's a few hundred yards from new barn farm, a carp fishery that I often fish. Small world isn't it?

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hann1245NATHAN
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Nigel
  • Thank you received: 1

hann1245NATHAN replied the topic: Re:Members Local fish stores. Good ones and bad ones.

Sure is. We had some good times down there,well worth the long drive from Waliington.

Nigel.

• Thank you received: 0

shannon replied the topic: Re:Members Local fish stores. Good ones and bad ones.

In Northern Mississippi we have Petco and Pet smart. They only carry a few small cichlids. They carry more starter fish: goldfish,mollies,tetras,etc. We do have 1 small LFS where you can find bigger fish,mostly Oscars that have gotten to big for the 10 gal tanks people put them in. When I first got into fish many years ago there were 5 or 6 great fish stores you could get anything.

• torbayguy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

torbayguy replied the topic: Re:Members Local fish stores. Good ones and bad ones.

OFL wrote:

Hey guys, tread very carefully if you're going to criticize any business on this thread. The chances are it will get back to them at some stage and we don't want any trouble. If what you say is true then there is no problem.

The two stores I use here in Torbay are Southwest Water Gardens based in Paignton, and Aquator in Torquay. Both shops are very friendly, well-maintained run by people who know what they're talking about. I would have no hesitation in recommending these two shops.

I to use south devon water gardens.
Andy and his wife are lovely.

Im not over keen on aquator though, theyre tanks and stock are good, but I dunno, theres just something I dont like about the place!

Mainly I use kaleidoscope though.
Its a tiny shop, but they are very good at sourcing a special fish if you request it, and are fully organic to!

Bio-Stratus replied the topic: Re:Members Local fish stores. Good ones and bad ones.

i was at one LFS and asked about ick info lucky mine dont have it yet hope never do but time will tell. they had huge oscars 3 of them with and aero and he said see all those shinny speck in the water that is ick floating around got me thinking why would i buy fish that in a tank that he says has ick lol

Bio-Stratus replied the topic: Re:Members Local fish stores. Good ones and bad ones.

some people dont like pets mart but i have bought my fish there never had problem and always had healthy fish i know the products i need for water food etc and they sell all of them so im buy the product dont matter the store but as for fish never had problem the other LFS was one told me about the ick

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds