pic's of my 33g planted tank

• Small Fry
  • Small Fry's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13

Small Fry replied the topic: Re: pic's of my 33g planted tank

pic's of my 20g planted as well as my rainbow cichlids.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 10

jacki.r3 replied the topic: Re: pic's of my 33g planted tank

Looks very healthy. I am just starting out with live plants. Been using SeaChem Flourish products. Plants are 10-12" but very pale and lanky. Hopefully fertilizer and foods will perk them up. Tryied puttting them in with Oscar but thet got pulledd up every night. Going to ut into a community 29 gallon tank eventually. They say you can tell the tank is healthy by looking at plants and yours looks great.

• Small Fry
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

The Flourish product line is great and if you are using it along with proper ferts then you will have nice plants too. One thing is enhance growth is a CO2 source either pressurized or the flourish excel like I use. Pressurized is much more effective for optimal plant growth.

• Thank you received: 182

jnet replied the topic: Re: pic's of my 33g planted tank

I think once my 120litre is free I might do this but at the moment its got my goldfish in and I think you need to get the plants established well first.

Hey you like your rainbow cichlids? I got mine as impulse buy along with the geos but I love them to bits really underated and lovely fish. Got mine in with my oscars :) Wouldnt mind a tank with loads in :)

I'm living my life, but not necessarily in the right order :)

• Small Fry
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

As ith my O the rainbows I have are rescued and if you notice in the pic one shows a white patch on his side. Well this is a large scar. The other has one right by his right eye and check and another small one on her flank. Not sure what caused them but they have not healed more or gotten worse in the almost year I have had them. They have laid eggs 3 times and every time they were failed to be fertilized. Just went white and fuzzy. :( I like them a lot but I find they are very shy fish and tend to hide a lot. Do yours do that??? And did yoiu say you have yours in with your O? How are they together?

• Thank you received: 253

DRACO replied the topic: Re: pic's of my 33g planted tank

i love the look of this: i wish my fish will allow me to have one

• Small Fry
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

Thanks dude. I will have to take a new pic since the tank is far more grown in then i this pic.

• Small Fry
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

Thought I would add some more updated pics of my 33g tank. The first pics were from about a month or so a go. As you can see I have introduced bamboo into the mix and will allow it to grow outside the tank through the canopy. Kind of gives a neat appearance to the tank and more definition as a whole.
Attachments:

• Small Fry
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

Thought I would add some more updated pics of my 33g tank. The first pics were from about a month or so a go. As you can see I have introduced bamboo into the mix and will allow it to grow outside the tank through the canopy. Kind of gives a neat appearance to the tank and more definition as a whole.

• Small Fry
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

The dry fertilizers that I add to the tank are KNO3, KH2PO4 and CSM+trace. I add about 1/8 of a tea spoon of the KNO3 on day 1 and KH2PO4 on day 2 and then add the CSM+trace on the third day. The CSM has to be in solution so when I add it is amounts to about 5ml per dose. I repeat this the next 3 days also then have a rest day with no ferts. That day I do my water changes and after that I add about a table spoon of epsom salts for the magnesium it contains. I also use fertilizer house plant sticks for plants that are heavy feeders and more robust in my tank. Oh and I also add 3ml of Flourish excel to the tank each day for CO2 dosing.

Sorry for the 2 messed up posts before this one LOL computer was going through some issues but finally it did it right for me :silly:

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds