Pothos for sale

• UNC-CH
  • UNC-CH's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 196

UNC-CH created the topic: Pothos for sale

Amazon has Golden Pothos for sale at a very good price.

Pothos for sale on amazon here.

Golden Pothos in 4" pot - Price: $3.99 + $5.02 shipping

Stay away from the lighter colored pothos, as they grow more slowly and need more light. It's been my experience that for reduction of nitrates in an aquarium, the darker it is the better. If you have any questions including how to use the plant in your aquarium, post them here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 160

Poseidon2.0 replied the topic: Pothos for sale

Ha ha. When I read the subject I thought you were selling off all your pothos plants. Thought you were giving up on them or something. :lol:

Any more thought to doing the "experiment"? We need to figure out a comparable container we could all use. PM if you like.

• Thank you received: 163

tehmole replied the topic: Pothos for sale

good price but the shipping kills it ... if you have a local lowes it's $6 + local tax

www.lowes.com/pd_471457-1513-NURSERY_0__?productId=4779767&Ntt=pothos&pl=1¤tURL=%3FNtt%3Dpothos&facetInfo=

• Thank you received: 40

face mcshooty replied the topic: Pothos for sale

i've wanted to get some for a while but sadly i have cats and apparently Pothos is poisonous to them so no nitrite reduction for me :(

Don't dwell on what went wrong. Instead focus on what to do next

Poseidon2.0 replied the topic: Pothos for sale

face mcshooty wrote: i've wanted to get some for a while but sadly i have cats and apparently Pothos is poisonous to them so no nitrite reduction for me :(

I grow pothos in abundance in my house and have two cats. I have never had any issues with my cats. My parents also kept them for years. So I am speaking from decades of coexistence between cats and pothos. I think you would be fine to try it. B)

ETA: and if you are not convinced by my personal testimony, you can always try something like Spider plants or Arrowhead plants, which will also reduce nitrates and can be used as plant filters. Basically any plant can be used that can withstand having its roots submerged in water.
The following user(s) said Thank You: face mcshooty

• Thank you received: 32

Bri B replied the topic: Re:Pothos for sale

Very nice. Is it really as simple as just putting the roots in a chamber of your hob filter? From a few videos I've watched on YouTube that seems to be all their is to it.

Poseidon2.0 replied the topic: Re:Pothos for sale

Good to have some sponge down there for the roots to grip, but yeah, you could just put it in and you are good to go.

I have a giant chunk of cut to size sponge so I can Def have some in there with it. Would a little pouch of biomax work in there with the roots? Not sure if either would negatively effect the other.

Poseidon2.0 replied the topic: Re:Pothos for sale

Can't see it would necessarily have a negative impact. You are just talking about the bio-rings right?

Yes the ceramics. I ask since if I wanted to do it in my oscar tank I have multiple hobs so I would just do it in one chamber and still have tons of media in the cannister and other hob chambers. I was more asking for my 10 gallon which has just a single penguin hob I would need to leave some bio media in there.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds